• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Questions about the Altus

Sal An Ban

Time of past OR future Camino
I love love LOVE my ALTUS poncho!
Here is a video telling you why.
About the ALTUS
Hi, just reading up about the Altus poncho … is it 100% absolutely waterproof in heavy, even torrential rain? I am looking to buy a new rain jacket or poncho for my next Camino in March/April 2025. There is a new version which I see on Ivan’s site, however the one review states it did not keep the person dry. Is the old model better than the new one? It will cost me quite a bit to get one of these (packa or Altus) shipped to Australia, I want to make sure I get a good one … starting to walk in Le Puy and doubt I can get one there or maybe Lyon … thanks for any tips, kind regards

A selection of Camino Jewellery
If it is hot, like any rain gear, you will sweat and get wet, not from rain. I have worn mine in late June and in December-January. I walk mostly in winter and was more happy with my Altus than a rain coat. I have an excellent rain coat and rain pants but I also need a pack cover and the total weight will be more with 3 pieces than one.

Thank you, Yes I avoid walking in the heat at all costs, so I usually walk in March or April

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum