• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

QUECHUA Poncho - MT900 - Source in the US?

ShoshTrvls

Walking in Bits and Pieces
Time of past OR future Camino
Thinking about Pamplona - Burgos in 2025
Has anyone found a source for the Quechua MT900 Poncho in the US? The Decathalon US website doesn't carry it, whereas it is offered for sale on Decathalon's other websites.

Thanks.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have looked for this excellent rucksack poncho parka. Unless something has changed in the last month, Decathlon does not offer it in the US, on their US website.

The nearest I have found it on a Decathlon web site is Ireland. It might be worth trying to order from there and having it shipped. It is not that heavy - so shipping should not be too onerous.

FYI - here is the link to the IE (Ireland) web site:

Hope this helps.

Tom

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
But I believe that it has pit zips, right?
Yes! And slit “pockets” so you can reach inside to get a credit card or credential from your waist pack.

The only downside is that the back doesn’t snap up like the Altus so it is a little bit longer in the back to allow for your pack. I’m quite short (5’1”) and it has only maybe 2-3 inches between the bottom of the poncho and the ground in the rear, and so going downhill it might drag, depending on how steep. I might look into hemming it or adding two snaps but to me the benefit of the zippered underarms and the slit pockets makes it worthwhile.

Most read last week in this forum

For the past six years, I have used a 33 L Osprey backpack, which has been fine, but it is always fully packed. I thoroughly understand that nature abhors a vacuum, so any available space in a bag...
Hi all The time is finally nearly here. On Sept 15th I'll be arriving in SJPDP to start the Camino. At the moment, the only thing I have to sleep in is a liner. Now that's it's getting a bit...
Hey everyone. My wife and I are flying next Saturday and starting the Ingles on Tuesday. We think we've got everything we need. I'm posting this here to see if there are any glaring mistakes in...
Hello, We are planning on doing the Porto coastal route in the next week or two. We are flying from the west coast in the US. I've read many threads on phone service. There was one really great...
Good evening fellow pilgrims. I've been searching for an embroidered patch of a Camino symbol to add to my hat. Just looking for either a simply scallop shell or arrow only without any writing ...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.