• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • October the 12th 2004 I posted the first post here on this forum. 20 years have passed. Thank you for being such a good group of people and for hanging around. More here in this thread. All the best from Santiago, Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Prefer to Walk Alone? Maybe you're just Smarter?

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
An interesting read.............
Probably AI generated. :rolleyes:

Why Intelligent People Prefer To Socialize Less
Why are you being so cynical about it's origin? The byline suggests it is by Brianna Wiest, and the publication date is 9 Aug 2016, a little before the recent emergence of AI tools for content generation.

Edit: an interesting read, but there is an unfortunate point where it creates a link suggesting that more intelligent people are superior humans. It sounded rather elitist.

Last edited:
Why are you being so cynical about it's origin? The byline suggests it is by Brianna Wiest, and the publication date is 9 Aug 2016, a little before the recent emergence of AI tools for content generation.

Edit: an interesting read, but there is an unfortunate point where it creates a link suggesting that more intelligent people are superior humans. It sounded rather elitist.
Thanks, didn't see the date.
I was probably a bit cynical given the amount of advertising on the site.
Looked like that was it's main purpose, to draw traffic to adverts.
I agree, the tone was a bit off.........

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
One thing we can say (and the red pen came out whenever I saw that in a student essay) is that if you are more intelligent, you are probably better at finding reasons to be selfish. It might be more credible if it actually cited sources for its assertions.

The byline suggests it is by Brianna Wiest, and the publication date is 9 Aug 2016
The article sounds like the usual very free interpretation of a boring scientific study that is so far away from its original that the actual content and result of the study is barely recognisable. The writer may not even have read the study itself but relied on other news article which were based on a PR release - usually designed and worded to catch some attention.

The source for this lifestyle article is obviously a study published in February 2016 in the BJP. The authors are Li and Kanazawa. The title is: "Country roads, take me home… to my friends: "How intelligence, population density, and friendship affect modern happiness."

A quote from the introduction:

More importantly, the main associations of life satisfaction with population density and socialization with friends significantly interact with intelligence, and, in the latter case, the main association is reversed among the extremely intelligent. More intelligent individuals experience lower life satisfaction with more frequent socialization with friends.

The data for this study are taken from a US observation of the life and health of some 15,000 students aged 18-28 called National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health (Add Health).

Google the names of the two authors or the full title of their 2016 publication of their results and/or "Savanna theory of happiness" to find more articles about the study and about the study itself which is available online.

PS: I guess you could as well title a similar article, were you so inclined, as: "Geeks don't have as many friends as others." :cool:

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

When the Santiago pilgrim office opened this morning the running total of Compostelas issued for this year stood at 445,807. Today they handed out another 1,897. Making the new total for the year...
Greetings! I was on my way, striding down the French Road, not so long ago. My attention turned to the litter, the garbage, that is scattered along the edge of the path, or bordering the...
This was a rather last minute arrangement. About 3 weeks ago I saw a window in my life to get some time to myself and booked a flight to Lisbon from Christchurch New Zealand. I'm spending 36 days...
Are bed bugs a problem in the winter months? I’ve had a few run-ins with bed bugs at rentals. They are the most disgusting, invasive, awful things in the world. Thanks in advance
I have tried three companies now online, October 25th to October 31st are my travel dates between sarria and santiago de compostela - noone of the companies are offering luggage transfer on my...
I have been posting some long-ish entries on my daily "Live on the Camino" thread for the Ingles route I am now walking. I have noticed for the last couple of days that if I want to preview what...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back