• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Portuguese road advert sign - No Bom Caminho

Richard Smith

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2016
Kumano Kodo 2014
I saw this sign on the televised stage 2 of the Vuelta bike race, which was in Portugal. I thought it was a negative camino comment (surprised to see a road sign saying this) but web translate doesn't think so ..?
The road sign (pic below) says :-
"Governo para as pessoas.
Portugal no Bom Caminho."
When it flashed by on the TV all I saw was Portugal no Bom Caminho which I assumed was a criticism.
But after review and using a web translate page it maybe says
> Government for the people. Portugal is on the right path

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 1.38.16 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 224
  • Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 1.38.46 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 52
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yes, this translation is correct. " no" on the original comment in Portuguese is not negative. It means " on the".
I saw loads of these signs roadside when on the bus from Lisbon to Caminha a few days back.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum