• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Portillo on the C Baztan

henrythedog

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Annually - often more - from 2014
Michael Portillo’s new series ‘Pyrenees’ has him on part of the Baztan in episode 1. Available on ‘catch up’ in the UK. Unusually, he’s not on a train.

(For the non-Brits; Michael Portillo is an ex politician and a virtual institution in the UK. Or should be in an institution, depending on your point of view; and has made a never-ending series of train travel programmes. He’s half Spanish and his father left Spain in a hurry after the guerra civil. It’s a good programme, IMHO)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I watched this and enjoyed it a lot. It's a good series and it was nice to virtually revisit the Baztan. I think there's a marmite 'love it or hate it' thing around Portillo - I'm unashamedly in the fan zone.

His gear choices are interesting as always, but his Basque walking pole is very cool!

Most read last week in this forum