Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim rescued near Zubiri today

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Multiagency rescue... Hope pilgrim concerned is OK..
I sincerely hope our fellow pigrim did not really break the tibia and fibula. I broke mine from a traumatic car accident years back but still bothers me and has severely reduced my mobility and balance despite reconstructive surgeries and physical therapies. Tibia and fibula are the two bones that support the legs. Must have been a really bad accident. I pray and hope for his fast recovery. God bless.

Good job and much gratitude to the "Bomberos y Bomberas" for taking care of our fellow pilgrim.

Last edited:
The injury was severe but he was conscious. I was on the trail shortly after the paramedics arrived. I heard the pilgrim tell them that he heard a loud snap after falling. I believe the pilgrim is an Italian gentleman who was walking with his wife and daughter. I’m sending him and his family my prayers.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The injury was severe but he was conscious. I was on the trail shortly after the paramedics arrived. I heard the pilgrim tell them that he heard a loud snap after falling. I believe the pilgrim is an Italian gentleman who was walking with his wife and daughter. I’m sending him and his family my prayers.
Where did the fall happen? I just did this section today and certainly found the last few k to be a bit challenging but I don't remember seeing an area with all that grass.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Where did the fall happen? I just did this section today and certainly found the last few k to be a bit challenging but I don't remember seeing an area with all that grass.
It happened on the descent to Zubiri, maybe only 2 or 3 km from Zubiri itself. My thought is that the paramedics carried him into an open area so that the helicopter could reach them.

It was slippery yesterday because there were on and off rain showers all day. I heard from another pilgrim that a woman broke her wrist in a fall yesterday as well.

I was on this path in '22; my partner was about 2 hours behind me. It was warm and dry but even so, a nightmare. about half way through it I texted my partner and said 'do NOT come up this path . . . take a taxi, walk on the highway'. I would go this way again, I WILL go this way again, but will go very slow, pick the places to put my feet and brace myself with my walking sticks. If I can state the obvious: once you injure yourself, the joy, the challenge, the pleasure . . that's all gone. It's a new vacay and you're not going to like it!!

It happened on the descent to Zubiri, maybe only 2 or 3 km from Zubiri itself. My thought is that the paramedics carried him into an open area so that the helicopter could reach them.

It was slippery yesterday because there were on and off rain showers all day. I heard from another pilgrim that a woman broke her wrist in a fall yesterday as well.
Ok, yes that makes sense. I walked from SJPDP yesterday in the rain, I don't envy you walking into Zubiri in the rain!

Glad the injured pilgrim was able to get to definitive medical care quickly.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Multiagency rescue... Hope pilgrim concerned is OK..
i did the French way a couple of years ago from Roncesvalles, right after covid. i’m elderly and very slow. i would like to return in 2025, to do it again while my body may still let me. last...
Hi, folks: I'm seeing conflicting reports about the ruins at San Anton. Will the albergue be open by early August?
Hi, I am from NY and I am arriving in Pamplona on Sunday, June 30, 2024 on the 13:46 train from Madrid. I am looking to share a taxi to SJPP. I understand that the only bus leaves at 12 pm and...
My knees don’t agree with pavement, asfaltroads, so I’m planning to take taxi through Logroño. Anybody knows where it could be logical to hopp of and continue walking?
Just a tad bit of reality for all pilgrims in Spain, in France, in Portugal, or from Germany. I realize you have great legitimate concerns around which boots to wear , which Camino, which...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back