• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim Passports

CaminoRay

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
September (2015)
Hi fellow Pilgrims, my wife and I received our Pilgrim Passports in the mail, my question is the passports say you are required to get 2 stamps per day on each passport in order to get your compestella in Santiago. I thought it was 2 stamps per day from Sarria on. What are your thoughts

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Hi fellow Pilgrims, my wife and I received our Pilgrim Passports in the mail, my question is the passports say you are required to get 2 stamps per day on each passport in order to get your compestella in Santiago. I thought it was 2 stamps per day from Sarria on. What are your thoughts
The pilgrim office are only interested in the qualifying distance for a compostela, which is 100km on foot. Within that distance you need two stamps per day. 100km on the Frances is just past Sarria, so you are correct.

You may come across a recent ambiguous text from the PO which seems to have just confirmed the existing requirements, but indicated that they might be applied more stringently.

....two stamps per day if you are walking the last 100k into Santiago.....and you would like a Compostella,.....not just from Sarria any 100k starting point require two stamps per day....you will have no trouble picking up stamps.(sellos)...I walked from Ourense earlier this year and I picked up a stamp at a cheese factory....

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
two stamps per day last 100 kms to Compostela on any of the Camino routes.

....two stamps per day if you are walking the last 100k into Santiago.....and you would like a Compostella,.....not just from Sarria any 100k starting point require two stamps per day....you will have no trouble picking up stamps.(sellos)...I walked from Ourense earlier this year and I picked up a stamp at a cheese factory....
was there a dog fight near that cheese factory???

You need to walk the last 100 km into Santiago on a recognized route (or cycle the last 200 km) to qualify for a Compostela. You need to document that walk with 2 stamps a day in an approved credencial ("pilgrim passport"). Any additional distance or stamps are nice but not really relevant for the Compostela. They may be relevant for a distance certificate, if you want one, though.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).

Most read last week in this forum

I'm starting the camino on sept. 27 in Leon. I'm a bit apprehensive to start the journey alone. Are any other ladies going to be starting then also and want to walk that first leg? OR, are there...
Hello all, Been reading all your very valuable posts and advice for a few weeks now in anticipation of starting tomorrow! Can only get a portion of Francés done on this trip (probably as far as...
Hi. I'm starting at SJPDP on Thursday 12 September. Quite nervous as the weather has been rainy and misty and my biggest concern is spotting the signs.
Hi Pilgrims! I am planning on starting the Camino Frances between Oct 10-13 and I was hoping to get input about a couple specifics: What's the weather trend for this year? Am I a fool to not...
Hi everyone - so glad to find this forum. have 4 weeks approx and intend on taking the walk handy enough!! to Santiago, onwards to Finisterre and Muxia. looking forward to it, and meeting some...
September 19, @FallCamino2024, (SJPdP) âś…

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.