• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim office

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If your phone doesn’t work, ask anybody in the plaza in front of the cathedral. You will go there first, throw your pack down on the ground, then sit next to it and cry as you admire the church (or maybe that was just me?!). After a while, you will take a selfie and have someone take a photo of you. Everybody is doing the same thing! Any of them will point you in the direction of the Pilgrim Office. Make sure you get online and register first, to save time. Buen Camino!

From Plaza Obradoiro, place the Cathedral at your back. The Parador (Hostal del dos Reyes Catolicos) will be on your right.

Exit the plaza at the right, far corner. Walk down the ramp.

At the bottom of the ramp, turn right onto Rua Carretas. Proceed about 100 meters, to the Pilgrim Office, on your left.

Or, use google Maps...

Hope this helps.

Tom

Last edited:
If your phone doesn’t work, ask anybody in the plaza in front of the cathedral. You will go there first, throw your pack down on the ground, then sit next to it and cry as you admire the church (or maybe that was just me?!). After a while, you will take a selfie and have someone take a photo of you. Everybody is doing the same thing! Any of them will point you in the direction of the Pilgrim Office. Make sure you get online and register first, to save time. Buen Camino!
After I cry, I often take a short nap there under the arches. Everything else is the same!

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Highly recommend the Pilgrim Mass with Father Manny the next day after arrival and a chat with fellow pilgrims upstairs with a cup of tea with the volunteers! The Pilgrims Office is so much more than a place to get your Compostella!
The Irish support team have Barry's Gold Label tea - well worth the bother of hiking vast distances across Spain in hot weather!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I just arrived in Santiago today, and will be here until late afternoon Monday. If you'd like to get together for coffee, drinks, or a meal let me know!
We walk into Santiago tomorrow. How do I find the pilgrim office?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back