• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pancorbo to Briviesca stage, tricky

dick bird

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
2012, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2024
After leaving Pancorbo, you follow a farm track with the motorway on your left and railway on your right. After a few kilometres, the track suddenly stops. There are no waymarks. You need to go along the bottom of the railway cutting. There is a path but it is very overgrown. If you have a GPS, use it. After an unpleasant, muddy kilometre or two you reach the bridge over the motorway. This stage is generally badly waymarked and there are no bars or cafés, but the tracks are good after this.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
After leaving Pancorbo, you follow a farm track with the motorway on your left and railway on your right. After a few kilometres, the track suddenly stops. There are no waymarks. You need to go along the bottom of the railway cutting. There is a path but it is very overgrown. If you have a GPS, use it. After an unpleasant, muddy kilometre or two you reach the bridge over the motorway. This stage is generally badly waymarked and there are no bars or cafés, but the tracks are good after this.
I remember that stretch well. I walked through that overgrowth and it truely was the low point of the Vasco.

I liked it - surprised a deer on the path, and was happy not to be on concrete. But yes, the waymarks are subtle: be careful at the overpass not to take it but go to the right instead.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I have mostly decided on my next camino(s) project and it is very likely going to be spanish mountain routes, starting with via de baiona from bayonne or irún, I haven't decided yet. (I blame all...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back