This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Orisson opening time

Wandalina

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese in September '18
Primitivo in September '19
Hi all due to start in the morning at 6am wondering what time cafe is open at? Not on google maps or website. Don't mind pushing on early as its meant to HOT tomorrow but will need a stop somewhere Thanks!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi all due to start in the morning at 6am wondering what time cafe is open at? Not on google maps or website. Don't mind pushing on early as its meant to HOT tomorrow but will need a stop somewhere Thanks!
It’ll be open by the time you get there, as will Borda just after, as will the drinks van at the top (Croix Thibault)

Set out fully hydrated.

Last edited:
It’ll be open by the time you get there, as will Borda just after, as will the drinks van at the top (Croix Thibault)

Set out fully hydrated.
Thank you will do. Scared myself yesterday with the hydration so easy to do. Won't make that mistake again

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Scared myself yesterday with the hydration so easy to do.
Even if the Bar in Orisson is closed, the fountain in front is public access at all times. As is the Roland fountain on the border to spain. So actually not a big issue to fill up ones bottles.

(just to clarify. I fully understand that it's nice to be able to buy a bit more instead of just water)

My wife and I have hiked the Napoleon route twice, leaving St Jean at 7:00 am. Both times the bar / restaurant at Orisson was open when we arrived for a cafe con leche. We hiked the Valcarlos route twice and there are nice stops along the way for cafe and snacks. Bob

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum