• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Once upon a time in Ribadesella (as I imagine it)

Time of past OR future Camino
See signature.
Ribadesella is one of my "must stop" destinations on the Norte because there is a good pizza place, a beautiful boardwalk, and a nice beach. (Not to mention grocery stores and a laundromat.)

The boardwalk is non-commercialized, and it's in such good shape I have to imagine it was relatively recently installed or renovated. The boardwalk features intermittent columns with QR codes on top, and indicators as to where the visitor is to stand to properly read the code and "Learn more."

I imagine two conversations regarding the new QR code installations...

During construction:

Worker: Jefe, ya terminé la primera instalación. (Boss, I am finished with the first installation.)

Supervisor: Bueno, déjame echar un vistazo. (Good, let me take a look.)

The supervisor walks over and proudly inspects this new introduction of technology to the boardwalk. Then he looks down.

Supervisor: ¿Por qué hay dos pies izquierdos? (Why are there two left feet?)

Worker: (mortified) Ay Dios mío. Lo siento. (Oh my gosh, I am sorry.)

Supervisor: Pues, ellos lo entenderán. (Well, they will understand.)

About two months later the boardwalk renovation project manager is taking the mayor of Ribadesella on a tour of the new boardwalk and they stop at one of the QR code columns.

Project manager: Esta es la nueva tecnología de la que les estaba hablando. (This is the new technology I was telling you about.)

The mayor walks over and then looks down.

Mayor: ¿Por qué hay dos pies izquierdos? (Why are there two left feet?)

Project manager: Ahorramos dinero al pedir 20 pies izquierdos en lugar de 10 izquierdos y 10 derechos. (We saved money by ordering 20 left feet instead of 10 left and 10 right.)

Mayor: Bueno, lo entenderán. (Good, they'll understand.)

Attachments

• IMG_1134.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 560
Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.

Most read last week in this forum