• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

LIVE from the Camino On Viejo, Olvidado, Invierno

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2017
Viejo/Olvidado/Invierno Oct/Nov 2024
@caminka @VNwalking and all others who got interested on this Camino I'm doing, started walking today.
For the last few months I've been preparing myself and studying the options I had to do this Camino.
And on the first day I had to put my studies to proof.
Yesterday rained A LOT in all north Spain. All north. Really pouring rain.
I arrived in Pamplona under heavy rain and received messages from 2 friends who are doing the Primitivo telling how hard it was because of the rain.
Went to Bar Gaucho and met a few pilgrims there, same story.
To add to that, the hotel I had booked for the end of the first day sent me a message canceling my reservation because they had some kind of electric problems because of the rain.
The place where I booked a room to rest on he end of the second day did not responded any of messages to confirm if they would keep it...
And then came the anxiety... Going on a new Camino with little peregrino support, the rain, not many options of places to stay...
Called my wife and daughter, talked to them and was decided to spend one day in Pamplona to decide what to do.
Then today I woke up early, thought for a while and decided to walk Carminka's path to Irutzun. And thank you Carminka, I was really happy to walk your path. It was a great day. Today I am at Irutzun and if the weather helps, tomorrow I'll climb the mountain opposite to the Brian and visit the Santuario San Miguel in Excelsis.

It is described in some books about ancient routes of Santiago. Then I'll choose a path to descent and be closer to Alsasua.

I think this way to start was a good way to test the alternatives I've been studying. I won't lie, it was hard when I arrived in Pamplona, so many things going wrong in so little time but these are the opportunities we need to grow.

Sipping a sidra now, relaxing and getting ready for tomorrow.

Below the favorite picture of the day...

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
A bit of a dodgy start but I am sure it will become a wonderful camino very soon. Wishing you the best weather possible and a buen camino!

So good to see that you’ve started. I will follow closely because I hope to walk this way next year. I do have @caminka’s tracks for Pamplona to Hiriberri, which is a few kms after Irurtzún. Are there two different sets of tracks, one for Hiriberri and one for Irurtzun? (Maybe @caminka is better able to answer this question!)

Then I'll choose a path to descent and be closer to Alsasua.
So that means you won’t be staying at the monastery at Zamartze?

Buen camino, Paulo!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi @peregrina2000 !!!
On my way down from the sanctuary I'll decide about the monastery at Zamartze. It is a possibility I'll stay there but I'm deciding as I go.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum