• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

O Lagar de Jesus

grdemedeiros

Time of past OR future Camino
2025 - Portuguese Route
Hello, I saw O Lagar de Jesus mentioned in a couple of threads. Looking for input about this place. It caught my eye because of the communal dinner and proximity to Padron. Some questions:

1) Seems doable to get there in one day from Vilanova de Arousa, if you've caught a morning boat. About how many Kilometers from Pontecesuras?

2) Do they have private rooms this year? The website says "coming soon" but I couldn't quite tell a) if soon's arrived and b) how many people it's for (seems like 4, but wondering if there's a room for 2).

3) If you stayed there, did you walk the next day all the way to SdC? About how many Kilometers?

4) I read that the hospitality is great! Would love more folks' impressions.

For reference, we're walking from Porto (Coastal, Central, Spiritual).

Please and thank you for sharing!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Hello, stayed at O Lagar about one month ago and really recommend it. Short walk from the boat, about 5 km i think and that leaves about 21 to santiago the next day. Its a lovely big house with courtyard, bar and a huge garden with a pool . We had a really nice afternoon in the sun with other pilgrims and then a nice communal dinner. The new owners were so lovely and friendly and the dorms were so spacious. Cant answer about private rooms but i would say to book as Anna the owner said they already had tons of bookings for the season.
Its lovely, enjoy !

Hi Gretchen
I stayed there last night and really enjoyed it.
1- It was only about ten km from where the boat lets you you off. You could enjoy a leisurely breakfast in Padron and meander your way. We ended up having to hang out for a couple of hours before it opened, but it was pleasant weather with a nice yard. Bring a snack and something to drink.
2- they have at least one private room.
3- it’s about 20 km to Santiago. We took a leisurely pace and made it to Santiago by one p.m. It’s a bit hilly, but the kilometers flew by.
4-the hospitality was great and the fellowship with other pilgrims put it over the top. A great last night before Santiago. Highly recommend. PS they have a swimming pool quite a few of the young women were enjoying. We stuck our feet in and enjoyed getting to know the folks hanging out.
Good luck!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

I did exactly what you have in mind. I was on an early boat from Villanova. It's a short walk to Padron where I had breakfast and spent most of the morning exploring. It's an easy walk to O Lagar de Jesus and I was there before checkin time. It is an excellent place to be for your last night on the Camino. I loved it! I don't know about single rooms but the shared rooms are very spacious and the communal dinner was lots of fun.

I left early the next morning. It's about 19k so very doable and I arrived in SDC around 11am.

I hope this helps!

Audrey

We stayed here last June - agree with all of the above we were on a midday boat, lunched in Padron and visited the cathedral then 5k walk to the albergue. Spacious dorms, ensuite type bathrooms - shower, basin and toilet. Great communal dinner. 20k into Santiago next day.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum