• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

No room at the Inn.

obinjatoo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2012 Dieppe, FR Bici CF.
2014 Ruta Vasco/CF/Primativo
That's what they told Mary. Is it my imagination or is it nuts in Santiago? Just looked at hostels, pensiones and the like for 2 pilgrims within 5 k of the Cathedral. 400 Euros? WTF?! I walked the French Route in 2014. It was nuts but I found dorms for 20 euros. What is going on? Have we completely monetized the pilgrimage? That is sad.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
That's what they told Mary. Is it my imagination or is it nuts in Santiago? Just looked at hostels, pensiones and the like for 2 pilgrims within 5 k of the Cathedral. 400 Euros? WTF?! I walked the French Route in 2014. It was nuts but I found dorms for 20 euros. What is going on? Have we completely monetized the pilgrimage? That is sad.
When and on what booking platform? That is certainly not typical. A random week night for next week in central Santiago shows rooms available for two people for €60-70, and that’s without trying.

Strange. This is for tomorrow, with budget max set at €80.
Bottom right is Albergue Seminario Menor at €22

under 80.jpg

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
A sure bet is usually Seminario Menor:

Fully booked 23rd to 24th September, but on the next day one bunk for 21€ ( 7 left6) and a single room for 25€ (6 left)

Most read last week in this forum

My wife and I expect to arrive in Santiago on 26 Sep and stay for three nights. We are finding accommodations to be difficult to find. We’d like to be within approximately 10-15 minutes from the...
That's what they told Mary. Is it my imagination or is it nuts in Santiago? Just looked at hostels, pensiones and the like for 2 pilgrims within 5 k of the Cathedral. 400 Euros? WTF?! I walked the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.