• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Need walking sticks in Roncesvalles onward

Makaala

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2024
Hola. The airlines lost our walking poles en route to Barcelona . Does anyone know where we might buy, rent, borrow? We are in Roncesvalles today walking to Urdaniz and onward tomorrow. My new hip would surely appreciate it. Thank you all in advance. Buen camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If i remember correctly the albergue Roncesvalles was selling all kinds of things, might be worth checking if walking sticks ar among that. If not, asides from picking up a branch in the forest or borrowing one from your fellow pilgrims, you're out of luck. On a very slim chance, the very small supermarkets in Burguete or Bizkarreta might have something, but i would not count on it. Then the next proper sporting goods store is in Pamplona.

If i remember correctly the albergue Roncesvalles was selling all kinds of things, might be worth checking if walking sticks ar among that. If not, asides from picking up a branch in the forest or borrowing one from your fellow pilgrims, you're out of luck. On a very slim chance, the very small supermarkets in Burguete or Bizkarreta might have something, but i would not count on it. Then the next proper sporting goods store is in Pamplona.
I bought cheap ones from the souvenir shop in Roncesvalles which saved me for the walk to Urdaniz as thundershowers made the walk very slippery and dangerous. They lasted a day. Just bought the same as were lost at the caminotecha in Pamplona. Thank you

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.

Most read last week in this forum

I’m trying to figure out carrying the things I want easily accessible and I know many people wear a waist pack in addition to their backpack, but that just seems uncomfortable to me. What I’d love...
I am sorry if this has been previously asked but I cannot find the answer… my question is: If I feel like I am carrying unnecessary things on the Camino (I am presently walking the Francis), is it...
Hi- amateur photographer here (who misspells things in post titles when not wearing glasses!!) and doing my first Camino starting next week (Frances from SJPP) and have been back and forth...
I'm plan to complete the Camino Frances in a final 2 week stint from Ponferrada to Santiago de Compostela. I'll need to wash clothes half way, which will probably be near Sarria. Does anyone know...
Is there anywhere in Santiago that I can donate a backpack, poncho, coolmax sleep liner, Finisterre guide book and an unused credential? I would like someone else to have use of them if possible - ta!
Kathmandu in 2015 made the perfect pair of hiking shorts and then they changed the design and made them all skinny. I have Polynesian tree trunk thighs so I don't want a fitted look. I want...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.