• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Name listed on train ticket

amgrem

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances Route, Oct 2024
So I was able to book our train from Santiago back to Madria this morning through Renfe! (Yay!)

My question is once I finished and printed out the tickets I noticed that on one of the tickets it listed my surname behind my friends first and last name. How big of a deal is this? Do I need to go back through and correct it?

Trying to log back into my Renfe account but it has two step verification and I am not getting the emails to confirm my account to login.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I have never been asked for the supposedly required identification which is asked for on purchasing a train or bus ticket.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
We were only asked when we used our Sr Discount online (Tarjeta Dorada) and that was to verify our age. I'm not sure if they really looked at names.

Yes, we also use Trainline, hence the request to see our ID and tarjeta dorada at the Renfe checkpoint.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Occasionally, the person (or people) doing security at the train station may ask to see your passport before you can walk to your train car. It's only happened to me once out of at least a dozen train trips.

Last edited:
Don't worry about it.

You can probably ask at the train station ticket office before you depart.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks for the replies! Her full name is on it, I think my computer just also auto generated my name as the second surname also.

Most read last week in this forum