• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Name listed on train ticket

amgrem

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances Route, Oct 2024
So I was able to book our train from Santiago back to Madria this morning through Renfe! (Yay!)

My question is once I finished and printed out the tickets I noticed that on one of the tickets it listed my surname behind my friends first and last name. How big of a deal is this? Do I need to go back through and correct it?

Trying to log back into my Renfe account but it has two step verification and I am not getting the emails to confirm my account to login.

One spot left (female, shared room) on the Catalina Island hike. Sign up by Sept 17
So I was able to book our train from Santiago back to Madria this morning through Renfe! (Yay!)

My question is once I finished and printed out the tickets I noticed that on one of the tickets it listed my surname behind my friends first and last name. How big of a deal is this? Do I need to go back through and correct it?

Trying to log back into my Renfe account but it has two step verification and I am not getting the emails to confirm my account to login.
I have never been asked for the supposedly required identification which is asked for on purchasing a train or bus ticket.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

We were only asked when we used our Sr Discount online (Tarjeta Dorada) and that was to verify our age. I'm not sure if they really looked at names.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Occasionally, the person (or people) doing security at the train station may ask to see your passport before you can walk to your train car. It's only happened to me once out of at least a dozen train trips.

Last edited:

Don't worry about it.

You can probably ask at the train station ticket office before you depart.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Thanks for the replies! Her full name is on it, I think my computer just also auto generated my name as the second surname also.

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know what or why the RENFE website is NOT listing any train service from MADRID to LEON (or onward to OVIEDO) after October 9?? I am trying to travel from Madrid to Oviedo (via Leon)...
So annoying! I booked the train in June ready for travelling tomorrow and I got this message yesterday. It seems the 15:20 train I was booked on from Bayonne to SJDP tomorrow has been cancelled. I...
I hope I am posting this in the right subject section. My annual multi-trip travel insurance has a limit on the duration of any one trip of 45 days. Any claim must include evidence of departure...
Two Trains SNCF at 6am and 8am from Bayonne to SJPdeP got cancelled 12.09 . And we are going to start our France tomorrow 12.09, maybe someone has the same problem and wants to share taxi in the...
Hope I am posting at the right place -- five of us will complete the Camino and plan to rent a car, drive to Tui, then drop off the car there, and walk aross the bridge to Vanlensa and pick up a...
Hola todos! I’m trying to find the best way to get from Leon to Sarria where I will start my walk. For context, when I decided to stay in Leon for a few days before my walk I saw that there were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back