• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

my first Quest Camino

Anna K

Time of past OR future Camino
24.8-6.10.2015 Camino Frances
Hi,

I'm Anna from Finland but currently living in Denmark. I'm planning to walk my first Camino from the end of August to the beginning of October. At the moment I have really mixed feelings of going and not sure what the whole trip will bring to me. My boyfriend walked the Camino a month ago and I got so inspired that I had to buy tickets and do my own trip.

Now I have around one month before the departure. I'm flying to Biarriz and from there I should get to the sjpp. My flight is arriving quite late (around 18.00) and I was wondering if there is people going to sjpp the same day? I would also like to know if the alberques are still open that late or would it be best to book a hostel/hotel advance?

Otherwise I'm looking forward to walk the Camino and have started preparations for the Camino. I feel like I want to know all the outcome right now and be prepared what ever would happened there but that we can't never know. I just have to take the whole trip as an great adventure. Not knowing what the day brings is scary and fascinating thing.

See you all on the road!

Anna

Join Camino Cleanup: Logroño to Burgos May 2025 and Astorga to O'Cebreiro in June.
Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Hi,

I'm Anna from Finland but currently living in Denmark. I'm planning to walk my first Camino from the end of August to the beginning of October. At the moment I have really mixed feelings of going and not sure what the whole trip will bring to me. My boyfriend walked the Camino a month ago and I got so inspired that I had to buy tickets and do my own trip.

Now I have around one month before the departure. I'm flying to Biarriz and from there I should get to the sjpp. My flight is arriving quite late (around 18.00) and I was wondering if there is people going to sjpp the same day? I would also like to know if the alberques are still open that late or would it be best to book a hostel/hotel advance?

Otherwise I'm looking forward to walk the Camino and have started preparations for the Camino. I feel like I want to know all the outcome right now and be prepared what ever would happened there but that we can't never know. I just have to take the whole trip as an great adventure. Not knowing what the day brings is scary and fascinating thing.

See you all on the road!

Anna
Hi Anna, why not stay the night in Biarritz and go the day after to SJPdP. And you can have a look around in Sjpdp, it's a nice place.
Wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

You might take the bus from the airport to Bayonne SNCF ie the railroad station in Bayonne. Spend the night in a small hotel near by such as the Monte Carlo and take the morning train/bus combo to SJPdP.

Buen camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello All! I am a nervous first timer trying the first hike on CF from September 24-28, flying from NY area to Paris. Original plan was SJPDP to Pamplona, but then heard it will be rainy during...
Hi all, Maybe some can give some advice/helping words for me to actually be able to go do it. I am feeling the need to walk the frances (i originally planned and wanted to do the primitivo for...
Hi Pilgrims! I am planning on starting the Camino Frances between Oct 10-13 and I was hoping to get input about a couple specifics: Ticket's are bought and I decided to start on the holiday -...
Hi everyone - so glad to find this forum. have 4 weeks approx and intend on taking the walk handy enough!! to Santiago, onwards to Finisterre and Muxia. looking forward to it, and meeting some...
I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong group. Feel free to move my post. I have walked 7 caminos, always in Spain (well, max 50k in France), the country I love. At the end of october/start of...
I have walked the CF twice in August and October plus the Le Puy camino in August. I walked Irun to Bilbao in August as well. I planned to walk the Portuguese camino from Lisbon but now don't...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back