This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

My Camino Shadow Reappears

Time of past OR future Camino
2023: a bit of CF, then San Salvador & Primitivo
One year ago today, I was on the Camino Frances; I had a very short but spectacular walk from Fillobal to Samos. For the past couple weeks, I have been transcribing my handwritten journal into digital form and inserting photos from each day. I have no Camino planned for this year, as I am instead preparing for a hut-to-hut hike in the Italian Dolomites. After a winter and early spring struggling with plantar fasciitis, I have only recently been able to take long walks again. This morning, I was happy to see a familiar sight: my shadow looking just like it did on those early mornings on the Camino.

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 4,211
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
....sigh... yup 2 years ago I amk on Frances as well (today I will pass the 100KM marker on the way from Ferreiros to Castromaior (leisurely 18km)

My "shadow" however appeared much earlier (with 2 more Peregrinas to boot) - somewhere in the Maneru vicinity on the Puente la Reigna -->Estrella leg

Three Shadows

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
My "fair weather friend"

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum