• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Montserrat?

zeke00

Hello fellow pilgrims.

Has anybody heard or read about a starting point from around Barcelona to Santiago de Compostela? I think it was from Montserrat.
Has anybody actually walked that way, it would be great to get some information about signs, refugios and more of interest. I am going to Barcelona to see Formula 1 in may and then my plan was to go to Pamplona, Roncesvalles and SJPP. If there is a starting point in Barcelona it will make my Camino a bit longer but a little easier to get to the start.

Gracias
Zeke, Sweden

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
For Zeke

Hi Zeke -

If you need information on Barcelona or Montserrat please let me know - my family is from Barcelona and I go regularly.

If you are interested in spending the night at Montserrat, which is an amazing experience, you can do so either on top of the mountain itself, by the monastery, or at the foot of it in the pretty medieval town of Monistrol. Both are very easy to get to from Barcelona via public transport.

Billy

Most read last week in this forum