Monbus station in Santiago?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

SabsP

Veteran Member
Feb 18, 2010
Belgium
Time of past OR future Camino
some and then more. see my signature.
Here is a list of all the buscompanies that operate from the Estacion de autobuses in Santiago.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Mar 1, 2017
Northern Illinois, USA
Recent:Norte/Muxia- Spring '23
MadridWay- Fall '23
Just a warning - I used Apple Maps to find the bus station in Santiago last month and it took me to the old location. This was followed by a mad run to the new station to make our bus to Finisterre
Please do not run at any bus or train station to hurriedly make a connection, especially if you are wearing your backpack. It's not worth a potential accident. I recently learned the hard way not to do that.🤕😩

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

John Sikora

Veteran Member
Jul 13, 2014
Barrington, Illinois, USA
Just a warning - I used Apple Maps to find the bus station in Santiago last month and it took me to the old location. This was followed by a mad run to the new station to make our bus to Finisterre
Had numerous problems with Apple Maps in Spain on my last walks. I find Google Maps much more accurate. Supposedly, Apple Maps is coming out with a major revamp in the next release. We'll see.

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Apr 6, 2013
Northern Virginia
2013 - 2018 , Pilgrim Office volunteer 2014 - 2022
That is why I always rely on Google Maps. It is updated more frequently.

Besides, anyone in Santiago that you ask: "donde esta la estacion del autobuses" or donde esta la estacion de tren" will certainly point a finger in the general direction of both.

They are attached to one another, at the bottom of Rua do Horreo, and about 10 minutes, downhill from Plaza de Galicia. Can't miss it.

Just sayin.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Reactions: DoughnutANZ

FrJimKingcsc

Mar 12, 2023
Notre Dame, IN
Primitivo 2023
Yes. Had same experience last week. Typed Estacion de autobuses into Google maps, ended up at old one, and luckily was able to hail a cab. Use “Estacion de tren” to get to the right place.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

JayQ

Dec 26, 2022
Washington, Missouri
April 2023
Same thing happened to me. The receptionist at my hotel directed me to the old one. Missed my bus to Finisterre. Also the money for the hotel room that was reserved there. Not a good day.

• Sad
Reactions: Rita Flower
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

DoughnutANZ

Ka whati te tai ka kai te tōreapango
Apr 16, 2019
Tamaki Makaurau Auckland, Aotearoa New Zealand
2019, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027 & 2028.
Yes. Had same experience last week. Typed Estacion de autobuses into Google maps, ended up at old one, and luckily was able to hail a cab. Use “Estacion de tren” to get to the right place.
I just did this on Google Maps and it picked the correct, new, bus station. I am not sure what is wrong with your G Maps??

george.g

Jun 28, 2010
Bolton UK
French way 10, 11
Norte 12
Vdlp 13
Levante 14
Mozarabe/Malaga 15
Augusta 16
Mozarabe/Almeria 17
Just to add, a couple of weeks ago the airport bus was full when it left the bus station and didn’t stop until the outskirts of SdeC, if you are going to the airport it might be a good idea to walk to the bus station.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Jul 18, 2015
CF: Leon-SdC 2016
CF: SJPD-Leon & CP 2023
Thanks for all the bus station information. It will be very helpful for me in September.
I do have a question about the Monbus to Finisterra. It looks like there are two buses that depart at 9 AM, one gets in five minutes earlier than the other. I wanna know if that is correct and does it matter which bus I take? Is there a difference between them? I can’t seem to find a difference other than the time of arrival.

auburnfive

Veteran Member
May 26, 2008
I was hoping to purchase a Monbus ticket in Santiago for my trip from Muxia back to Santiago ( after walking to Muxia), as we need to be on the bus to make our connection to Madrid, and I’ve heard it sometimes is full. Will that be possible or do I need to buy online?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Dianne B

Camino Bug Bitten
Feb 11, 2016
Arlington, VA
Portuguese May 2023; Ingles April 2024
I was hoping to purchase a Monbus ticket in Santiago for my trip from Muxia back to Santiago ( after walking to Muxia), as we need to be on the bus to make our connection to Madrid, and I’ve heard it sometimes is full. Will that be possible or do I need to buy online?
I just caught the bus from Muxia to Santiago last month. At 6:30 am there were a lot of pilgrims. The bus driver took on the people who already had tickets first. I bought mine online a few days before. Best to have PayPal setup.

Reactions: Karen Schoenfelder

Most read last week in this forum

If you stay in Logoso, you will see a big picture of a beautiful waterfalls on the wall in the bar. When I added to that the raves I heard when Michael and Flavia came to see me, I headed to...
I am walking feom Santiago to Muxia and then on to Finestette. I have a reservation in Novellana at the Hotel Restaurante de Fornon. Is this near the Camino, and Santa Marina? O can’t seem to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides