• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Madrid Airport T1 to Madrid-Chamartín-Clara Campoamor station

Sarge

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino (2019) and (2021)
First let me apologize, it may sound foolish but I'm trying tp prepare the best I can.
Have I got this right? - We will arrive 8:45 AM Sept. 4, 2024 by Delta airlines at Terminal 1 (T1) Madrid Airport.

We already have train tickets from Madrid-Chamartín-Clara Campoamor station to Sarria departing at 1:15 pm same day. I was told that we need to make it from T1 to T4 to catch the train to Madrid-Chamartín-Clara Campoamor station from the Madrid Airport.

So, to make our way from T1 to Terminal 4 (T4) at Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas Airport (MAD), again, being told, we can take the free AENA shuttle bus from Level 1 of T1 to T4. Once at T4 Cercanias Station, we can purchase our tickets to Madrid-Chamartín-Clara Campoamor station. And there we should be able to find our train going to Sarria at 1:15 pm.

We (70 and 63 years young) are just a little nervous - excited and full of love for this journey. Sounds easy to get there ... so Is this correct?

Thank you all for being patient with the old folks.

Sarge and Lucha

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello, no apologies needed. There's a subway/train (the APM) that services all of the terminals. Take the subway/train to T4, which is where the Renfe train terminal is located. If I recall correctly, you have to leave the security area and go downstairs. It is very well marked though. We purchased our train tickets ahead of time (one time we did not and did not get the train we wanted. It put us behind in our Camino Portuguese because we had to take a train several hours later and it was not a fast train. Overall, four or five hours late to Porto) and found that that train ticket purchase included the train from MAD to Chamartin. There's also a Renfe desk right at the access point to the train station. We couldn't figure out how to get our tickets at the "ATM like" machine. A wonderful Renfe employee came over and helped us out big time.

Good luck!!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello, no apologies needed. There's a subway/train (the APM) that services all of the terminals. Take the subway/train to T4, which is where the Renfe train terminal is located. If I recall correctly, you have to leave the security area and go downstairs. It is very well marked though. We purchased our train tickets ahead of time (one time we did not and did not get the train we wanted. It put us behind in our Camino Portuguese because we had to take a train several hours later and it was not a fast train. Overall, four or five hours late to Porto) and found that that train ticket purchase included the train from MAD to Chamartin. There's also a Renfe desk right at the access point to the train station. We couldn't figure out how to get our tickets at the "ATM like" machine. A wonderful Renfe employee came over and helped us out big time.

Good luck!!!
Thank you so much. I am so glad I ask this question. Again, thank you

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Good luck!!!
Actually, I think it is a bus that will take you between terminals.

Once at T4, you'll find the Cercanías train station within the terminal. You can buy your tickets there to get to Madrid-Chamartín-Clara Campoamor station
We need to make sure that forum members know that the Cercanías train line is currently closed between the T4 and Chamartín. Service is expected to reopen in early October. See this thread

Renfe is providing a free shuttle (“lanzadera”) service from T4 to the Chamartín train station.

For those who arrive in T1, the current choices to get to Chamartín are

1. Intra-airport bus from T1 to T4, then shuttle bus from T4 to Chamartín

2. Metro, which requires two changes (in Mar de Cristal and Manoteras) - not recommended at all, not only because of the cumbersome route but also because of the high concentration of pickpockets who will be looking out for jet-lagged foreigners.

3. Cab - the best solution!

We need to make sure that forum members know that the Cercanías train line is currently closed between the T4 and Chamartín. Service is expected to reopen in early October. See this thread

Renfe is providing a free shuttle (“lanzadera”) service from T4 to the Chamartín train station.

For those who arrive in T1, the current choices to get to Chamartín are

1. Intra-airport bus from T1 to T4, then shuttle bus from T4 to Chamartín

2. Metro, which requires two changes (in Mar de Cristal and Manoteras) - not recommended at all, not only because of the cumbersome route but also because of the high concentration of pickpockets who will be looking out for jet-lagged foreigners.

3. Cab - the best solution!
Thank you again for all you help. The wife and I arrive Madrid Sept. 4, 2024 at 8:45 am. We plan to take a Cab to the Chamartín train station for the 1:15 pm train to Sarria. This o'man is so excited, At 70, please pray for Lucha and I. Jesus I Trust In You

First let me apologize, it may sound foolish but I'm trying tp prepare the best I can.
Have I got this right? - We will arrive 8:45 AM Sept. 4, 2024 by Delta airlines at Terminal 1 (T1) Madrid Airport.

We already have train tickets from Madrid-Chamartín-Clara Campoamor station to Sarria departing at 1:15 pm same day. I was told that we need to make it from T1 to T4 to catch the train to Madrid-Chamartín-Clara Campoamor station from the Madrid Airport.

So, to make our way from T1 to Terminal 4 (T4) at Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas Airport (MAD), again, being told, we can take the free AENA shuttle bus from Level 1 of T1 to T4. Once at T4 Cercanias Station, we can purchase our tickets to Madrid-Chamartín-Clara Campoamor station. And there we should be able to find our train going to Sarria at 1:15 pm.

We (70 and 63 years young) are just a little nervous - excited and full of love for this journey. Sounds easy to get there ... so Is this correct?

Thank you all for being patient with the old folks.

Sarge and Lucha
The wife and I have made it to the Train Station. Took a Cab, in less than 20 min we were here. Had to ask a
few questions, but we are waiting on the 13:15 pm train to Sarria. Ready to start tomorrow morning.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know what or why the RENFE website is NOT listing any train service from MADRID to LEON (or onward to OVIEDO) after October 9?? I am trying to travel from Madrid to Oviedo (via Leon)...
So annoying! I booked the train in June ready for travelling tomorrow and I got this message yesterday. It seems the 15:20 train I was booked on from Bayonne to SJDP tomorrow has been cancelled. I...
I hope I am posting this in the right subject section. My annual multi-trip travel insurance has a limit on the duration of any one trip of 45 days. Any claim must include evidence of departure...
Two Trains SNCF at 6am and 8am from Bayonne to SJPdeP got cancelled 12.09 . And we are going to start our France tomorrow 12.09, maybe someone has the same problem and wants to share taxi in the...
Hola todos! I’m trying to find the best way to get from Leon to Sarria where I will start my walk. For context, when I decided to stay in Leon for a few days before my walk I saw that there were...
Hope I am posting at the right place -- five of us will complete the Camino and plan to rent a car, drive to Tui, then drop off the car there, and walk aross the bridge to Vanlensa and pick up a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back