• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lyon to Le Puy with a stroller

Jenoveva

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy to Santiago
Is it possible to walk from Lyon to Le Puy with a jogger stroller? My husband and I would like to walk this route with our 2-year-old son this fall and we would love to bring a stroller with us. Also, any information on this route would be super helpful! Thank you!

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Hi! I use the app Komoot for finding my routes. I checked, since you can pick how you are going to go (hike, tour bicycle, mountain bicycle, etc) and chose the tour bike option. Looks like there is one that might meet your needs. This is mostly on a cycleway and a minimal 4km on state road...the road section in the image below is usually side roads, with minimal traffic (when using Komoot you can highlight the sections that are on road and zoom in to see what type of road they are)...you can check out eurovelo routes and cycling canal paths in as well for paths that might be more friendly for strollers

Have a great day!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-06-26 at 7.31.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-06-26 at 7.31.03 AM.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2024-06-26 at 7.31.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-06-26 at 7.31.15 AM.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 3
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi! I use the app Komoot for finding my routes. I checked, since you can pick how you are going to go (hike, tour bicycle, mountain bicycle, etc) and chose the tour bike option. Looks like there is one that might meet your needs. This is mostly on a cycleway and a minimal 4km on state road...the road section in the image below is usually side roads, with minimal traffic (when using Komoot you can highlight the sections that are on road and zoom in to see what type of road they are)...you can check out eurovelo routes and cycling canal paths in as well for paths that might be more friendly for strollers

Have a great day!
Thank you so much! This is really helpful :)

Most read last week in this forum

Is it possible to walk from Lyon to Le Puy with a jogger stroller? My husband and I would like to walk this route with our 2-year-old son this fall and we would love to bring a stroller with us...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back