• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage transfer from sjpp to leon

Camino24

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2024
I searched but didn’t find the answer to this one. I’m only gong as far as Leon this time. I was going to send a suitcase from sjpp to Leon via correos but obviously they aren’t in France. Any ideas? I guess my worst case is daily transport to pamplona and then send?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Shipping anything across country borders csn be expensive (relatively speaking) and subject to delays and potential loss.

I would suggest that you get your luggage into Spain, and check the rules for Correos to make sure they'll ship/store your suitcase ( not a backpack) as you wish.

Alternatively, if you're arriving in Spain, get it out of the airport and ship before you go on to SJPdP.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I searched but didn’t find the answer to this one. I’m only gong as far as Leon this time. I was going to send a suitcase from sjpp to Leon via correos but obviously they aren’t in France. Any ideas? I guess my worst case is daily transport to pamplona and then send?
First I would check with Express Boricault if they can help.

I think there is a limited hours post office in Burguette just after Roncevalles.

I have shipped suitcases General delivery ("Lista de Correos" in Spanish) with Correos, and they will hold it in the post office for pick up for 15 days. They'll keep it longer if you put the same return address in as the post office you ship it to. Otherwise they ship it back to the original post office. If you ship it Paq Peregrino they will ship it to Santiago if you're late to pick it up.

When you are in a post office explain what you want carefully. Have the address of the main Leon post office already. Their default is to ship to Santiago.

Last edited:
You can mail a suitcase from the post office in SJPdP, but there's always a small risk of something going awry, and when it does you have two national postal service involved, and probably neither wants to accept responsibility.

I think that this is good advice:

Alternatively, if you're arriving in Spain, get it out of the airport and ship before you go on to SJPdP.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).

Most read last week in this forum

I am going to fly back from Santander. I would like to take the FEVE along the coast from A Coruna or Ferol to Santander. Previously when I have asked RENFE staff about FEVE I have drawn a blank...
Hi, has anyone here stayed at Hostelfly? It looks walkable from T2. Or is it very busy roads with no sidewalks? My flight arrives late afternoon, then thinking of getting the Alsa bus next...
I'll be starting my first, short Camino in Ponferrada on a Monday, and have some flexibility prior to that. I'll have spent a few days in Madrid upon arrival in Spain—I'm there often and know the...
Hi, I am flying into Bilbao end of July. Have 2 nights booked, but have not decided among my Camino Route options. Wondering how easy it will be to get a bus to Irûn or perhaps a bus to Oviedo or...
I'm just about to start my journey tomorrow 25th June flying into Bilbao which arrives in the afternoon hope to out of the airport by 3/30pm . Planning to catch a coach a from Bilbao via San...
I was walking from Porto in May with a backpack, not planning to use a backpack service. On day 3 I injured my knee when I pulled some ligaments plowing through a heavy section of sand when the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back