This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Luggage transfer between Lisbon and Porto.

505badgolfer

Time of past OR future Camino
frances 2021
I've done three full caminos (frances twice and del norte once) and have always used luggage transport services. Generally costs have been about 5 or 6 Euros per day. Because there is so little foot traffic on the Lisbon to Porto portion, the costs are very high. I was quoted a fee of 480 Euros (about 28 per day) to transfer one bag for the seventeen stages between Lisbon and Porto. I am unwilling to pay the high fee and will probably just do the camino portugues between Porto and Santiago, where the luggage transport fees will be 5 or 6 Euros per day.

The quote of 480 was for up to 4 bags. So if you are traveling with a group of three or four, the per bag cost is much more reasonable. The company that gave me the quote was www.topsantiago.com - a Portuguese company.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I carried my own pack, but had my case transferred with “ Luggage Driver” from Lisbon to Porto ( also Lisbon to SdC) at a very reasonable rate . This was not a daily transfer, but a one off payment ( total€45)

Most read last week in this forum