• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 74,075 Camino Questions

Lost Compostela

nickyvee

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles May 2024
Lost my compostela. I think I left the tube at the hotel. Would anyone know if the PO will re-issue a replacement if presented with the credential that they closed out? Thanks

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Regrettably I do not know the answer to your question.

I respectfully suggest that if you have not already done so, you should as soon as is reasonably practicable contact the hotel(s) in question, describe what you left it behind, together with your room number and check-out date, and humbly request it be returned to you or saved for you to pick up in person as applicable to your circumstances. You will almost certainly have to pay the shipping costs.

I think most hotels set aside "found" items for a reasonable period of time but they do not actively reach out to the room's occupant. It is up to the guest to contact them.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Lost my compostela. I think I left the tube at the hotel. Would anyone know if the PO will re-issue a replacement if presented with the credential that they closed out? Thanks

They will re-issue one if you call in and explain. That would be the simplest way.

Otherwise, send them your closed credencial with a letter explaining your situation.

Don't panic! Try the hotel first!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

Is anyone aware of any weather-related damage on the CI - either the path itself or the pilgrimage infrastructure (albergues, cafes, etc) - from the recent Hurricane Kirk. I'm hoping to begin my...

Featured threads

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Featured threads

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back