• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Looking for an interesting rest day anywhere between Almansa and Toledo.

Time of past OR future Camino
may 2023
Hello, Can anyone recommend a good place to take a rest day anywhere between Almansa and Toledo. Does not have to be right in the middle. And yes, we are planning to take a couple of days in Toledo.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello, Can anyone recommend a good place to take a rest day anywhere between Almansa and Toledo. Does not have to be right in the middle. And yes, we are planning to take a couple of days in Toledo.
Going back to look at my stages on the Levante, I think I would either choose San Clemente or El Toboso (reported to be the home of the person who may have been Quijote’s Dulcinea). Not a whole lot to do in either, and I liked the town of San Clemente more than El Toboso (which will have tour buses to see the Quijote sites). The only city to speak of in that stretch is Albacete, but I think I would prefer one of those two smaller places, unless you are mainly looking for restocking supplies and having a broad availability of commerce and services.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Thank you for your suggestion. I was also considering chinchilla de Montearagon as an option. Any opinions on that town?

Chinchilla also has a nice historic center, castle, and church. When I was there, the albergue had not opened, and the only options for places to stay were two truck stop places down on the highway. Not very charming but not too scuzzy, and about a km below the old town. The albergue is in a historic building up in the historic part of town, as I understand it, and I suppose that they might let you stay for two nights.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum