• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

LIVE: in need of bag & gear today in SJPP

mfmarotto

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (09/2016)
Frances & Portugues (06/2019)
Hi everyone. I come to the Camino with a very heavy heart after fleeing my home due to the war in Israel. I didn’t know where else to go, and have found myself here, as I’ve walked the Camino a few times, so it’s a comfort for me.

I hoped to buy a backpack & warm coat today, but am realizing everything is closed. I arrive in SJPP in a few hours - does anyone know if anything is open or if any albergues have a donated/used pile of equipment I may be able to use to start walking tomorrow?

I’m hoping there will be something and am immensely grateful for any help/insight anyone can offer after such an unthinkable week. Peace to everyone.

Note from mods: Email address has been removed. Please use the “Private Conversation” function to communicate directly with @mfmarotto.

Last edited by a moderator:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Decathlon in Bayonne will be open today til 14:00, the pilgrim boutique in SJPDP will be open till 19:30 (but more expensive). You could ask at the pilgrims office in St.Jean as well, but i would guess the chances for donated equipment will be quite low at the starting point. Maybe better luck at Roncesvalles.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
I’m hoping there will be something and am immensely grateful for any help/insight anyone can offer after such an unthinkable week. Peace to everyone.
May the Camino be a blessing and a balm for the heart, @mfmarotto . Such heartbreaking times.

And I hope you find what you need!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
May your God Bless you Buen Camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm only reading your post today and hope that you have found what you need as far as gear and that the Camino provides you peace and time to reflect during these difficult times.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum