• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Late October Camino - housing and clothes

ctsmith

Time of past OR future Camino
10/25-10/30
Hi, y’all!

I’ll be hiking Sarria to the end of the CF route in the last week of October. I’ve heard sometimes the albergues are closed along this path. Has anyone known this to be the case? Additionally, I’m considering buying separate waterproof hiking shoes since I’ve heard it rains a lot in late October in north Spain. What have peoples’ experiences been with rain on the CF trail in late October? Can I tough it out without waterproof shoes and a few pairs of wool socks and my tevas?

Thanks so much for your help, and hmu if you’ll be on the trail!

Help keep the Camino clean. Join us in 2025 for the Camino Cleanup Program & Retreat
I walked in early January. There's a lot of Xunta albergues on this way. Many cafes were closed for the season so be prepared with snacks. I wore a Altus Poncho over a synthetic puffy jacket with merino wool layers, merino gloves, and a fleece ear band cover. It rained a lot. I wore gortex mid height boots with merino socks.

I have a light down sleeping bag for night. My evening clothes were merino tights and a merino wool dress with croc clogs gor evening. I was comfortable even though it rained every day.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum