• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

La Vuelta bike race meets the Camino

MikeyC

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2016 2017 2019 2024
Shikoku 2017
K'Kodo 2017
La Vuelta multi stage cycling race started last weekend in Lisbon. It finishes in Madrid.
This is just a heads up that the 31 August stage starts in Villafranca del Bierzo and the 6 September stage sets off from Logrono.
It might be a wee bit busy!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
La Vuelta multi stage cycling race started last weekend in Lisbon. It finishes in Madrid.
This is just a heads up that the 31 August stage starts in Villafranca del Bierzo and the 6 September stage sets off from Logrono.
That is awesome, thanks for letting me know. I bike-raced for 20 years and I will be staying there that day on my walk.

Logroño being relatively early on the Frances I can see that putting overwhelming pressure on ‘private room’ accommodation, if not the albergues also.

Given that September sees many setting off on Camino without understanding that it’s ordinarily the busiest month of the year (certainly at that end of the walk) it’s to be avoided - unless you’re there for the cycling.

It’ll be like those passing through Pamplona in early July complaining that booking.com’s sold out of private suites with jacuzzi.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum