• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

iPhone app

peter4lc

Time of past OR future Camino
St Jean to Logrono September 2018
I am walking from Calzadilla to Mansilla next week. When I walk in the UK I have the Memory Map installed on my iPhone with full Ordnance Survey mapping. I put the phone in flight mode so it doesn't drain the battery. I was wondering whether there is a similar app for the Camino so I can track where I am. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Mapy.cz is good. You can download maps for offline access.

Mapy.cz is good.
From the initial screen use the icon that resembles one map on top of another and click the outdoors setting. Then it shows trails and Caminos useful for hikers. There is a good chance that major trails are identified by name or initials.

When I walk in the UK I have the Memory Map installed on my iPhone with full Ordnance Survey mapping.
If you want the Spanish equivalent of the Ordnance maps install the Mapas de España app (its icon includes the initials IGN).

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum