• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Inexpensive Madrid hotel/hostal near Moncloa bus station on way to Camino?

Zoe7

Time of past OR future Camino
First hopefully this coming fall
Any suggestions for an inexpensive place to stay in Madrid near the Moncloa bus station? (Flying into Madrid, then bus or train to Ponferrada to start Camino).

Thank you

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Granddaughter staying at Hostal Arrate. Paid $49e for her private room on Booking.com. Says it's 5 min walk to moncola. We are walking end of August meeting her later in Ponferrada

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
I decided to go to the Iglesia Santiago y San Juan Bautista and a wait until 1800 for it to open. Turns out there is a Camino marker and map for the Camino in the square outside the church now. After getting my credencial stamped at the church I had a short 10 km stroll to my first nights accommodation along the Camino at Hostal Royal Begona. This then shortened my first ‘full' day on the Madrid.

Any suggestions for an inexpensive place to stay in Madrid near the Moncloa bus station? (Flying into Madrid, then bus or train to Ponferrada to start Camino).

Thank you
I think you have a couple of recommendations for places to stay near Moncloa now, but just a few comments about getting to Ponferrada.

There is a bus or two direct from the airport, which stops in Estación Sur and then Moncloa, if that fits your travel. And if you take the train to Ponferrada, Moncloa is not a convenient place to spend the night. The trains to Ponferrada leave from Chamartín train station. Buen camino!

Thank you
Splurge on your last night, with a quiet good night's sleep, private bath, and no guilt with plenty of hot water. A taxi ride to the bus station is inexpensive.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
There are many places near Chamartin. My daughter and I stayed at a reasonably priced hotel named Opera near the palace, then the next year an apartment turned air bnb. There were many of those. And I understand they've renewed the Plaza there. Only pick pocket incident in Spain in my 7 trips happened there on that plaza, but I interrupted the attempt.

Thank you, everyone!

Most read last week in this forum