This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

If I go in Easter season

ERLEE1905

I have read that the Easter season is a big deal all over Spain. If I go over then is it better to be closer to a big town/city or a small town city when thinking about accomadations?

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
I'm not sure it matters either way. Holy Week and Easter are particularly busy on the routes with Spanish pilgrims walking. The towns and villages are also busy where they have Holy Week processions...in the towns there are more hostals and hotels in the villages less crowds to take part in the celebrations. Let's see what others say but unless you want to see the holy week processions in a large town I'd plump for rural walking during this time.

I got caught without a place to sleep in Merida on the VDLP on the Saturday night of Easter in 2006.
I spent 2 hours walking and stopping to ask for a room in every hostel and hotel I came across. I also looked into the hotels listed in my guidebook. No luck.

My solution was to taxi 17 kms up the Camino to Alucen, a small village with an albergue that was not full.

I also learned that you can ask in a bar if they know of anywhere to sleep. They sometimes have rooms upstairs.

Good Luck
David, Victoria, Canada

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Despite the problems of finding a place to sleep (which you can solve by booking WAY ahead of time), Easter in Spain is SPECTACULAR!

Most read last week in this forum