Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I Found All The Plastic Bags In Spain!

Paintboy2

Time of past OR future Camino
After a peaceful night at the beautiful Blai Blai Hostel in Zarautz, we were all awakened at 5:00am by a young man repacking his huge pack, in the middle of the floor, with his bunk light on, wrapping every item in a freshly shook out plastic bag. With the room door open he made several trips in and out to the WC. After he mercifully finished, his final act leaving the room was to turn the ceiling lights ON and shut the door. It was so unbelievable that as I sit in the lobby having my coffee (earlier than usual), I'm laughing about it.
Today promises to be bright ad sunny. We might as well get an early start.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
One spot left (female, shared room) on the Catalina Island hike. Sign up by Sept 17
When I was MUCH younger and inexperienced I was that guy on occasion... one time this gentleman scolded me in French in the common area... all I could understand was his miming of bag rustling in a mean way. I got defensive and immaturely responded with a huge snore pointing back at him. I saw that guy everyday for the next 3 weeks.

I'd suggest, as a public service effort, if you see him again, and there is no language barrier, you cheerfully approach him and say something like this...

"I remember you. We stayed in Zarautz together. You like to get a very early start... I admire that. Sometimes I do too but I also like to sleep a little later on occasion. When I want to leave especially early I prepare as much as possible the night before, and anything I have to do in the morning I do outside of the bedroom in the hallway or the common area, so as to not disturb the other pilgrims as much as possible."

He may just not realize. Theoretically it may have been his 2nd or 3rd night ever on the camino,

When I was MUCH younger and inexperienced I was that guy on occasion... one time this gentleman scolded me in French in the common area... all I could understand was his miming of bag rustling in a mean way. I got defensive and immaturely responded with a huge snore pointing back at him. I saw that guy everyday for the next 3 weeks.

I'd suggest, as a public service effort, if you see him again, and there is no language barrier, you cheerfully approach him and say something like this...

"I remember you. We stayed in Zarautz together. You like to get a very early start... I admire that. Sometimes I do too but I also like to sleep a little later on occasion. When I want to leave especially early I prepare as much as possible the night before, and anything I have to do in the morning I do outside of the bedroom in the hallway or the common area, so as to not disturb the other pilgrims as much as possible."

He may just not realize. Theoretically it may have been his 2nd or 3rd night ever on the camino,
thanks. that's such a polite way to put in.

After a peaceful night at the beautiful Blai Blai Hostel in Zarautz, we were all awakened at 5:00am by a young man repacking his huge pack, in the middle of the floor, with his bunk light on, wrapping every item in a freshly shook out plastic bag. With the room door open he made several trips in and out to the WC. After he mercifully finished, his final act leaving the room was to turn the ceiling lights ON and shut the door. It was so unbelievable that as I sit in the lobby having my coffee (earlier than usual), I'm laughing about it.
Today promises to be bright ad sunny. We might as well get an early start.
There’s a lot of unhappy people in this world. If you see him again , go to a different albergue/

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).

Most read last week in this forum

After a peaceful night at the beautiful Blai Blai Hostel in Zarautz, we were all awakened at 5:00am by a young man repacking his huge pack, in the middle of the floor, with his bunk light on...
This is just a shot in the dark but if anyone starting on the Del Norte finds a New Zealand passport lost today (Saturday 14th September between Hendaye and Sebastian, please PM message me and...
I saw that someone mentioned recently having walked from Santander to Liencres on a coastal route. I am here in Santander and would like to take that route. I’m brand new to the Camino and to...
I want to stay in the Albergue in Isla, just after Noja. I think Isla used to be on a stage route. It isn't any longer. Does anyone know if it is signposted to and from Isla??
Lost on Camino Norte between Getaria and Deba on Friday, September 13th. In a black sunglass cloth bag. Please advise if found. Thanks
Gronse offers an alternative and shorter route between Ontón and Castro Urdiales with the caution that it is walking on the N634 highway. We did it today with no problems and enjoyed lovely views...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.