• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

How to travel from León to Zamora

Keikochan

Time of past OR future Camino
5 past (2014, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023) and 1 planne
I will be in Leon tomorrow and trying to find a bus to Zamora on Tuesday or Wednesday. How can I find it? OMIO app says no bus on these days. Is it a local bus that you can take just at the terminal? Or I need reservation?
Or any other mode of getting there? I am very keen on visiting Zamora before going into Sanabres.
Any advice appreciated greatly.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
After a false start with Autocares Vivas and their website, and a correction from @OldHands, I think I now have things straight.

Check the website here.

The buses that currently run from León to Zamora (in the summer, M-F) seem to be the following —

10:15 - with stops in pueblos
2 pm - direct
6 pm- transfer in Benavente.

I also found a train and have attached the screen shot. I hope @OldHands’ eagle eye will tell me if I’ve missed something.

If you get stuck on transport please also have a look at https://www.rome2rio.com
They usually give a good idea of available transport options, even if you'll have to go to other websites to do the actual bookings.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
They usually give a good idea of available transport options

Rome2Rio gives you actually WRONG idea of available transport options.

If you search for Leon - Zamora buses, in Rome2Rio you will find all those Viva buses which suspended service for the summer, listed as available. And the existing service at 10:15 is not listed at R2R.

But how could dumb Rome2Rio know about suspended services or summer schedules.

It is also listing two ALSA buses, which you won't be able to buy tickets for. Why? Because the transport of passengers between Leon and Zamora is licensed to Autocares Vivas only. Even if Alsa buses from Leon to Sevilla stop on their way in Zamora (to pick up passengers), you cannot go on that bus. The driver won't sell you a ticket. That would be illegal. The driver would risk losing their job.

But how dumb Rome2Rio would know about it.

Most read last week in this forum