• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How to tag posts

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
I am very interested in @William Garza tagging his posts with poems in them. He has kindly asked me how he would do this and I have no idea. @gerardcarey would do well to follow suit with his fabulous stories!!
So how is it done and is it a massive job to do retrospectively?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Tagging is limited to the tags that have been approved by moderators. You can see all of the current tags at the bottom of this page.

Some sites/forums allow user-assigned tagging, so it becomes something of a popularity/trending hashtag. The forum approach has been to use tags in a more structured way, to create sub-forums. For example, all of the sub-forums under Equipment are created by tagging. (Not to complicate things, but there are some sub-forums such as the different routes within Spain or France, that are actual buckets where the threads reside.)

From time to time, we create new tags and tag-forums, but we have tried to keep the number under control. After all, there are hundreds of possible tags, and most threads could easily get a dozen.

There are other ways to organize and find threads. For example, if you do a search in title-only for "poem" you will find these threads. @malingerer has a thread titled "Poems for seekers" with 760 posts since 2015. I think that is a better idea than tagging 760 threads, each with a different poem. Perhaps @William Garza can create a single thread to which he can add new poems rather than starting new threads.

We will separately consider the tag collection and whether there is a tag that could collect poetry as well as other topics.

Thanks @C clearly
That’s a very thorough and helpful explanation. Not the first time in my life I have asked someone to do something impossible! Interestingly, these impossibilities have often been accomplished.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
@C clearly reading your response, I realise mine could have been interpreted as "so let's see what you can do". I did not intend it like that at all! I totally understand - and support - your reasoning about how the tags are currently used. Apologies if I came across as passive aggressive or simply downright rude.

No problem. I actually like to explain things like this - with the pros and cons and constraints that are behind the decisions or design. There is very rarely one clear solution.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I had thought about going back through my poetic posts and try to put them under one post..but I dont remember which of the numerous posts actually had a poem in them as the members themselves inspired them on the moment.

An easier way would be to hit my name and look all the way back i think? I dont know if other members have access like an individual member would of their postings?
Anyway, I am flattered someone likes them!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.