• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

How to send a bag from Roncesvalles to Santiago

Makaala

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2024
We would like to mail a bag from Roncesvalles to be picked up in a month in Santiago. Does anyone have information if this is possible and how we could arrange this?

Join Camino Cleanup: Logroño to Burgos May 2025 and Astorga to O'Cebreiro in June.
You can mail the bag from any town in Spain with a Correos (Post Office). The closest to Roncesvalles is in Burguete.

You can either send it to the main Correos office in Santiago, or to Casa Ivar.

Ivar also has a service through DHL that will pick up your luggage from a hotel.

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
The post office allows you to ship a package and pick up at the Santiago post office. Also the company that provided my shuttle from Biarritz to St Jean had a service where you can send a suitcase to Santiago for 70 euro. In this manner, I transported my backpack from the US in a suitcase and used the extra room for some additional items and clean clothes for when I arrived in Santiago. I had to walk to a hotel in town to pick it up. Worked great. And my back pack was well protected on the flights.

I used Ivar’s service earlier this year from Paris-Santiago. Highly recommend it. Notified a couple days after it was sent that it had been delivered, nice not to have to be concerned about it.

Most read last week in this forum