• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

how to get from Santiago to tui?

Scottteresa30

Time of past OR future Camino
My husband and I will be walking from Sarria late sept 2016 for our 30th anniversary
we will arrive in Santiago 9/19/24 about 130-2:00. We would like to get to Tui the same day and spend some time there before starting our hike on the 20th.
So far the buses/trains i have found are arriving to late and more expensive then I though the would be, 50. to 70.00.
Any suggestions?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You can try Blablacar.

A taxi will probably be more expensive than a bus or train, depending on how many passengers, but you can try the taxi driver suggested in this post:

Jose:
jmcm@taxitravelscq.com
WhatsApp: +34 659 26 22 88

Great guy. Drove us to Ferrol this week. He was raised in Britain so no language problem if you don’t speak Spanish, and he’ll give you Camino info along the way.

From memory, you take a bus from Santiago to Valença and then walk to Tui. It is only a few kms.The bus journey takes about 45min.
I can’t remember it being very expensive at all.
Go to the estación de autobuses in Santiago. (Next to the train station).

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
There's an Alsa bus at 6 pm that arrives in Valenca at 6:44 pm Portugal time, which is 7:44 pm Spanish time. The cost is 20 Euros.

From memory, you take a bus from Santiago to Valença and then walk to Tui. It is only a few kms.The bus journey takes about 45min.
I can’t remember it being very expensive at all.
Go to the estación de autobuses in Santiago. (Next to the train station).
FYI, Valenca is immediately on the south side of the Gustav Eiffel girder-built bridge linking Valenca, Portugal to Tui Spain.

When you walk across this bridge, from Portugal into Spain, you also change one hour BACK - time zone boundary.

I recommend traveling to Valenca, then walking back over the bridge.

Hope this helps.

Tom

There are Alsa bus that leaves at 1:30 that takes almost 2 hours, there is also a train that takes 4 hours that leaves at 4:30. Both are way less than the prices you quoted, Check out Rome to Rio there are other choices there besides these.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
we will arrive in Santiago 9/19/24 about 130-2:00. We would like to get to Tui the same day and spend some time there before starting our hike on the 20th.
So far the buses/trains i have found are arriving to late and more expensive then I though the would be, 50. to 70.00.
Any suggestions?
I took the bus Saturday June 15 this year from Santiago to Valenca do Minho Bus Station. Could not remember the price but my bank statement said 15.42 Canadian dollars so between 10 and 11 Euros. Quite cheap and included WiFi on the bus.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back