• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

How long will it take for a bike/bag to reach the Lisbon hotel via Correos?

ctmalone

Time of past OR future Camino
August 2024
I plan to finish the bike ride on Tuesday August 27th. I am then taking a few days to train down to Portugal to explore. I wanted to use a Correos to mail my bike to my hotel in Lisbon so I can avoid issues with the trains. I fly out Saturday August 31st from Lisbon so I wanted to find a service that could get my bike to the hotel by the 30th at the latest. I couldn't find much information about delivery times, does anyone have any recommendations? Can we pay extra for a rush to make sure? I plan to be in the same hotel August 28th-31st. Timing wise I do not know if I will get in early enough on the 27th to mail that day or if I will need to mail it on the 28th.

One spot left (female, shared room) on the Catalina Island hike. Sign up by Sept 17
I know that the Correos service within Spain is very fast, but I don't know what happens when you ship with them across borders.

In 2022 I used a company called Luggage Driver to send a suitcase from Lisbon to Santiago. You can check with them.

Or try a service like DHL.

BikeIberia, the bike rental company and based in Lisbon, use SEUR/DPD to send their bikes all over Spain and Portugal. Drop them a line and see what they can suggest about times and services.

They also rent bikes for Lisbon tours. If you want to cycle Lisbon, get an eBike as they are a lot of hills.

info@bikeiberia.com or contact@bikeiberia.com

Tip: HospederĂ­a San MartĂ­n Pinario in Santiago had empty SEUR/DPD cardboard bike boxes stored near their bike racks. They seem to collect a lot of bikes from there.

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).

Most read last week in this forum