• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hostelfly at Madrid Airport

jsalt

Jill
Time of past OR future Camino
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Hi, has anyone here stayed at Hostelfly?
It looks walkable from T2.
Or is it very busy roads with no sidewalks?
My flight arrives late afternoon, then thinking of getting the Alsa bus next morning at T4 to Logrono, then starting the CF from there.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My flight arrives late afternoon, then thinking of getting the Alsa bus next morning at T4 to Logrono, then starting the CF from there.
No, but the reviews are good and some mention being ‘walkable’. Lots of options in the town of Barajas by the airport. Many folks on here mention a property called Viky. I have. not stayed here but have been to Barajas town many times and many places to eat and drink, quite nice, and doesn’t feel like an airport town. 1 stop on Metro.

i have not stayed there but live in madrid. in theory you can walk there, but the whole area is a bit sketchy (the walk there, not the hotel). would consider a taxi or uber.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
I stayed there in November. It is walkable from the airport. It is about 1Km and you go on an overpass to cross the highway. I felt safe walking there, as well as walking in the neighborhood to go to a restaurant. The accommodation is very comfortable. It is individual pods in dorms. You get a lockable space to store your valuables. The staff is friendly and speak English, although I spoke with them in Spanish. You can book in booking.com.

Just did it last week. Walking out of T3 go right to end of terminal and keep bearing right in same direction on sidewalk (heading north). It’s the diagonal street on google maps leading to a traffic circle. Sidewalk the whole way.

Immediately past the circle take the blue metal footbridge over the highway to Barajas. There are several bridges but take the first one. Continue north walking alongside highway on other side to Hostelfly. Easier than it looks. Not much more than the walk to Hostelfly from metro.

I stayed there in September. Easy walk from the T2 terminal. The place was nice. The walk was safe. I would stay there again.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
No, but the reviews are good and some mention being ‘walkable’. Lots of options in the town of Barajas by the airport. Many folks on here mention a property called Viky. I have. not stayed here but have been to Barajas town many times and many places to eat and drink, quite nice, and doesn’t feel like an airport town. 1 stop on Metro.
I have stayed at Hostal Viky and will be going there again in a few weeks. It's considerably more expensive, but has a free airport shuttle and there's a Thai restaurant a couple of blocks away.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Meant T3. The older airport where, I guess, more regional flights are……
T2 and T3 appear to be next to each other as they use the same stop for the shuttle bus.
To get to T4 for the Alsa bus next morning my best bet looks like walking back to T2/T3 and then get the shuttle bus to T4.
Thanks everyone for your replies – will go ahead and book a bed!

Attachments

• MAD-AIRPORT.pdf
    765.3 KB · Views: 12
Bed booked for Monday 8 July 😀.

Originally I was going to get the Alsa bus to Pamplona next day and start from there, but then I checked when the Running of the Bulls is on, and it’s 7 to 14 July 😧, so decided to give that a miss, and will start in Logroño instead.

May be able to walk to Navarette that afternoon . . . 🤔

Bed booked for Monday 8 July 😀.

Originally I was going to get the Alsa bus to Pamplona next day and start from there, but then I checked when the Running of the Bulls is on, and it’s 7 to 14 July 😧, so decided to give that a miss, and will start in Logroño instead.

May be able to walk to Navarette that afternoon . . . 🤔
Good call to miss the San Fermines.

The main day is on the 7th as any Spanish elementary school student would know:

‘Un de enero,
Dos de febrero
Tres de marzo
Cuatro de abril.

Cinco de mayo
Seis de junio
Siete de julio
SAN FERMIN.’

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I am going to fly back from Santander. I would like to take the FEVE along the coast from A Coruna or Ferol to Santander. Previously when I have asked RENFE staff about FEVE I have drawn a blank...
Hi, has anyone here stayed at Hostelfly? It looks walkable from T2. Or is it very busy roads with no sidewalks? My flight arrives late afternoon, then thinking of getting the Alsa bus next...
Hi Everyone New to this forum and appreciating it. I arrive in Bilbao on 28th August at around 9.30 am and planning to get to SJPD in one day. The alternatives, I've researched so far include a...
I'm just about to start my journey tomorrow 25th June flying into Bilbao which arrives in the afternoon hope to out of the airport by 3/30pm . Planning to catch a coach a from Bilbao via San...
Hello, my name is Stephanie and I will walk my first Camino Sept. I’m having difficulty finding trains from Santiago once I am done to get back to Lisbon. Thoughts??
Hey everyone, setting out on the camino and was hoping to get some insight on best and/or cheapest way to get from biarritz to SJPP. I know you can take a taxi there but unsure how much that would...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back