This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Hospitales & La Pola routes: distance clarification please

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese 2022, 2023
Camino Frances 2024
Hi. Previous forum posts inform me that the Hospitales route starts close to the Albergue Los Hospitales in Colinas de Arriba even though this is not evident to me on guide maps such as Gronze. So I am wondering if I did stay there and chose to walk the Hospitales route, how many kms is it to Berducedo from the albergue? (I am hoping it is less the 24.1kms Borres- Berducedo shown in Gronze for the Hospitales route.) Also is this the official waymarked camino route or a shortcut variant that is also waymarked?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We stayed there 2 weeks ago and it’s 21km to Berducedo. The start of the climb is immediately outside of the Albergue. Don’t get hung up on “official” routes, it’s just another way to get to the Hospitales route. It’s also very well marked.

I have not stayed in Colinas de Arriba, so no first hand knowledge. But from looking at maps, there is a way up to Hospitales of about 1,5km and then you just follow the normal route. It looks like it is in total a bit shorter than if you'd walk from Borres, maybe 1-2km. However, i would say it doesnt actually matter, with the Hospitales route the effort is in the elevation, not the distance, and that will be about the same either from Borres or Colinas (or Campiello, where i started)

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you for this very helpful information and advice. Sounds like a good place to decide which route to take weather permitting.

Most read last week in this forum