• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Hiking Poles - Burgos

dchulack

Time of past OR future Camino
March/April 2013
My daughter and I will need to purchase hiking poles in Burgos. We will be staying near the Cathedral. Does anyone know if there is some place nearby to purchase and if not nearby, transportation options? Thank you for any suggestions AND Buen Camino to all.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Welcome to the forum.

There may be a store closer to the cathedral, but you can always walk to Decathlon where you will find a good selection of poles.

It's about a 35 - 40 minute walk from the cathedral area. This link should display the location in Google maps.

Buen Camino

lo
Look for the ever present ‘Chinese’ shops that sell a bit of evrything. They will sell good poles and bit less expensve. The last omnes O bought from such a shop have done more than 4000kms with me.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Search Google Maps using

Tienda de Deportes near Burgos Cathedral, Spain

And you will find many options close by. Most will be closed on a Sunday.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Did that very thing yesterday. Next to the statue of el cid, the hourly (hah!) free white bus picks up to go to the hypercor, where decathlon is. We picked up our 6euro poles which are fine, the free bus taking us back to burgos afterwards.

Yes! Definitely go to Summit Soorts! Near the Cathedral and privately owned. Owner speaks English and has hiked and backpacker all over the US....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240901-095139_Gallery.jpg
    772.5 KB · Views: 4
One spot left (female, shared room) on the Catalina Island hike. Sign up by Sept 17

Most read last week in this forum