• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 74,075 Camino Questions

Hi!! I want to start the camino on the 16th june....

Triskel

It looks like this time I will actually do it! Don't remember since when I have it in my head, but its there. I want to do it from the 16th for 9 days. I still have no ideas which trail to choose. I just want to walk in a beautiful landscape with lots and lots of green and trees, I wouldnt mind going uphill too. I would like to meet people here in this forum to exchange ideas and advice. I am going to do it alone. I am truly truly excited about it. I hope somebody will write me! Happy to be in this forum :D

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Welcome Triskel,
You do sound inspired!

If I had 9 days to walk, I have 2 favorite stretches that I would consider.

Saint Jean Pied du Port to Logrono on the Camino Frances. This is the most popular route, and for many, it is "The Camino". I understand it is busy this summer, but you can always find a bed.

My other favorite week, or 9 days would be from Lubian to Santiago on the Via de la Plata. This route has fewer people on it and goes through wonderful heather covered hills.

Whatever you choose, you are in for a blessing.
David, Victoria, Canada

June 16th is Bloomsday. Be careful not to walk as long as main character in book Ulysses, from 8am to 2am next morning!!!
SJJP to Santo Domingo over 9 days was my first introduction to walking the Camino. I had planned to travel as far as Logrono.
Buen Camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Not long till you go, so hope you have a wonderful time. I too am planning a trip of around 9 days but in September. I have decided on St Jean Pied du Port to Logrono stretch. Although I gather that the first part is quite difficult due to the uphill terrain, I am assured its well worth the effort. Be delighted to hear all about it when you get back

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone. My travelling companion and I are currently on the Camino, arriving in Carrion de Los Condes tomorrow. A situation has come up where we wish to modify our Camino and still...
How do you save your iPhone content (Picture & Videos) while on the trail? Last year I bought a thumb-drive that plugged right into my phone and downloaded my content religiously & daily only to...
Anyone else beginning in SJPP tomorrow October 18?
Hey, my name is Joe and I live In Colorado Springs, Colorado. Just beginning the planning process for the Camino. We are shooting for late September/October of 2026! One question tho... can we...
If you are planning to start a Camino in FEBRUARY 2025, you are invited to add a post to this thread – scroll down to the last post, and create a new post giving your expected start date, start...
Hello everybody. I am planning to start my first Camino around May/June next year. I am gathering all possibile information and I'd like to thank you all in advance for the advice I will receive.

Featured threads

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Featured threads

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back