• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Greetings from a new member

Time of past OR future Camino
2018 Camino De Santiago, '24 Jul-Aug Portuguese
Greetings all,

I completed the Camino de Santiago solo on July 30, 2018 and it was a wonderful, life changing experience. I leave soon for Lisbon to walk the Fisherman's Trail followed by the Portuguese Camino. I'm undecided if I'll start from Lisbon or Porto, I luckily have some time so will decide once I've walked the other.

Excited to meet my fellow pilgrims this year. Thanks for making this an incredible forum!

Warm regards,
Bel, an Aussie in California :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Welcome to the forum Bel. So excited for you and your upcoming camino. Never heard of fisherman’s trail so will have to look that up. Wishing you a safe and buen camino.

PS thanks for joining this community. 😊

I leave soon for Lisbon to walk the Fisherman's Trail followed by the Portuguese Camino. I'm undecided if I'll start from Lisbon or Porto, I luckily have some time so will decide once I've walked the other.
That's a great combination, @Camino Chrissy did the same thing a few years ago.

I am (sort of) Portuguese (but really Australian like you), and have walked both of those routes separately. The Fisherman's Trail is spectacular and a great way to begin exploring Portugal. The CP from Lisbon has its supporters (mostly @peregrina2000!) and its detractors, but from Porto almost everyone likes it, either central or coastal.

My first tip would be that after the Fisherman's Trail, the CP coastal, while increasingly popular, is not nearly as stunning, so maybe the central is the better option since you will have seen so much great coastal scenery already.

If you have any questions, shout!

Last edited:
...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Never heard of fisherman’s trail so will have to look that up.
It is the most popular trail of the Rota Vicentina in south-western Portugal (Alentejo/Algarve). It's more a hike / walking holiday than a pilgrimage as such, but the scenery is absolutely fabulous.

Here is a post I wrote about it: Rota Vicentina Highlights

That's a great combination, @Camino Chrissy did the same thing a few years ago.

I am (sort of) Portuguese (but really Australian like you), and have walked both of those routes separately. The Fisherman's Trail is spectacular and a great way to begin exploring Portugal. The CP from Lisbon has its supporters (mostly @peregrina2000!) and its detractors, but from Porto almost everyone likes it, either central or coastal.

My first tip would be that after the Fisherman's Trail, the CP coastal, while increasingly popular, is not nearly as stunning, so maybe the central is the better option since you will have already seen so much great coastal scenery already.

If you have any questions, shout!
Hey, great to meet you! This is really helpful, I appreciate the tip. I'm going to check out your blog on the Fisherman's Trail also. Thanks v much :)

Welcome to the forum Bel. So excited for you and your upcoming camino. Never heard of fisherman’s trail so will have to look that up. Wishing you a safe and buen camino.

PS thanks for joining this community. 😊
Thank you :)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

For the past couple of years, the mods have volunteered to create calendars that show forum members’ names, date of departure, and departure city. The hope is that it gives people a chance to...
My brother Bruno was traveling the Santiago paths and the last time we had contact with him was when he arrived in Santiago de Compostela. We haven't heard from him since August 17th. If you...
Hello fellow pilgrims, I am planning on opening an Albergue on the Portuguese route. I have walked both the Frances and the Portuguese route. I speak pretty decent Portuguese and am looking for...
Hello, I am going to be walking my first Camino this spring and will spend two weeeks in Spain. I will take a relaxed walk from Sarria to Santiago. I will be almost 79 years old and walk five...
Hello everyone, I’m Giacomo from Italy, and I’m excited to join this community!I’ve been running almost every day for years now, though typically for shorter distances. Recently, I’ve been...
I am in Larrasoaña.. is there a service to get my pack to pamplona in the morning?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.