• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting from Santiago to Lisbon

mike mcbroom

Time of past OR future Camino
Francis June 17, 2015 ,Portagusee from Porto to Santiago August 2016, Francis may 2018 this year wil
I need to get from SDC TO Lisbon. I am only seeing vueling air as a possibility.
Does anyone know about trains going that way

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I need to get from SDC TO Lisbon. I am only seeing vueling air as a possibility.
I took the bus. Sign up for their member program and then you’ll be offered a seat next to yours at a discount (it remains open). Easy way to travel. Youll make several stops - one of which is to get off and stretch a bit / grab coffee etc. Buen Camino!

I took the bus. Sign up for their member program and then you’ll be offered a seat next to yours at a discount (it remains open). Easy way to travel. Youll make several stops - one of which is to get off and stretch a bit / grab coffee etc. Buen Camino!
Bus does look best and only $40

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Book a flight with Air Europa from Vigo to Lisbon. Take the bus to Vigo. Another to the airport. Air E flies via Madrid with many connecting flight destinations. Short layover before leaving for Lisbon with arrival around 15h00.

Unfortunately, the train system doesn’t work very well. It’s quite awkward. You have a long time in Vigo between trains. Take a look at the ALSA buses. These are nice buses, not very expensive and have several departures a day. You can download the Alsa app on your phone to purchase tickets when Buen Camino.

I have trains booked….SdC to Vigo (€9.55), Vigo to Porto (€7.90) and Porto to Lisbon (€10.00). There is 1 hour 27 minute layover in Vigo and 17 minutes in Porto. Total €28 with 8 hours travel time.

One spot left (female, shared room) on the Catalina Island hike. Sign up by Sept 17
Which bus did you take please?

Which bus did you take please?
The Alsa bus from Santiago to Lisbon (there's two bus stations so make sure you pick the one closest to your destination - for me it was "Oriente"). I signed up for their club or membership first - so I think I remember getting some sort of small discount. Also, they run a lot of buses, so make sure it has a bathroom on board - and, like I said earlier, if it fits your budget I'd encourage trying to buy the seat next to yours at the discounted price (it's for space only - no one can sit there). I found it to be a very relaxing ride. Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Also, for those that are unfamiliar with it, the Rome2Rio website is a good planning tool for getting around and showing options. There's often a little more work that has to be done - such as visiting specific transportation sites, but it is a great start and will show you approx travel times, connections, etc. Buen Camino!

We took a bus from Santiagio to Braga. Then took the train from Braga to Lisbon. There's a Basic Braga hotel a five minute walk from the train station.

Or use a bus, leaving from the main train station in santiago, that's what I did.
I am trying to find a bus departing September 25th Santiago to Lisbon but there is nothing. Only departing at 5:30 pm and arriving on the 26th. Do you think they just don't book that far in advance? I've looked on every website and nothing.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know what or why the RENFE website is NOT listing any train service from MADRID to LEON (or onward to OVIEDO) after October 9?? I am trying to travel from Madrid to Oviedo (via Leon)...
So annoying! I booked the train in June ready for travelling tomorrow and I got this message yesterday. It seems the 15:20 train I was booked on from Bayonne to SJDP tomorrow has been cancelled. I...
I hope I am posting this in the right subject section. My annual multi-trip travel insurance has a limit on the duration of any one trip of 45 days. Any claim must include evidence of departure...
Two Trains SNCF at 6am and 8am from Bayonne to SJPdeP got cancelled 12.09 . And we are going to start our France tomorrow 12.09, maybe someone has the same problem and wants to share taxi in the...
Hola todos! I’m trying to find the best way to get from Leon to Sarria where I will start my walk. For context, when I decided to stay in Leon for a few days before my walk I saw that there were...
Hope I am posting at the right place -- five of us will complete the Camino and plan to rent a car, drive to Tui, then drop off the car there, and walk aross the bridge to Vanlensa and pick up a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back