This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

LIVE from the Camino Getting contact lenses shipped in Spain

Ungawawa

Time of past OR future Camino
2017-20: Francés, Norte, Francés, Portuguese Lisbon Coastal, Portuguese central
I'm just arriving in St Jean by foot today, after walking from Le Puy. I've a small problem in that I've used many more contact lenses than I wanted and need to order some more once I reach Spain.

Im fairly sure I can order online from one of the Spainish sites like Vision Direct, but I don't know how to receive them? Could I post them to somewhere in Pamplona perhaps so they're there for me in a few days? Amazon lockers? Hostels? Correos?
What would you recommend? I'd appreciate suggestions from people who live in Spain or have done this successfully on the camino.

Thanks!!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
There is a well established service for most postal services worldwide called Posta Restante. Have used it in Portugal, Greece and Italy. Spain will have the same type of service where an item will be held for you at the post office of choice for up to 10 days. Here is the CSJ advice on it.

You just need to know which Correos office would be convenient and its address. Google can help with this.

Would it be an option to buy the contact lenses in Spain, for example in Pamplona?

I did that in France since I was walking for three months and didn’t want to carry a three month supply. Bought a new pack at an optometrist in Le Puy, I just needed to pre-order for pickup on the next day (which was fine since I was taking a rest day).

They had all the standard brands that are also sold in Germany, I did check that beforehand.

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
There are several companies that have parcel lockers in Spain, including Correos.

Edited to add - I just tried searching for a locker in Pamplona, and had trouble when using the Firefox browser on my phone, but the Chrome browser worked fine

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum