• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting a credential in Caminha or A Guarda

TravellingMan22

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese/Frances 2020/Norte 2021
Hi all. Does anyone know where to get one please and times that I can ge one. Thank you.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi all. Does anyone know where to get one please and times that I can ge one. Thank you.
I would check the main church in both towns. Look around for the priest if the building is open. Your best bet, if you're passing through Porto, is to obtain one in the cathedral (Sé do Porto) near the Saõ Bento train station. Boa sorte!

I would check the main church in both towns. Look around for the priest if the building is open. Your best bet, if you're passing through Porto, is to obtain one in the cathedral (Sé do Porto) near the Saõ Bento train station. Boa sorte!
Ah thank you.. much appreciated. Not going via Porto so will go with that!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ii
You didn't mention what country you're from or when you're starting, but the easiest option is to order the credentials book from your national association before you leave. Here's an article that might help: https://caminoways.com/where-can-i-get-my-pilgrim-credential
Thanks- I am from the UK, but in Mason, Ohio at moment flying home tonight for 24 hours and then going straight to Portugal - it’s all a bit last minute for various reasons but get to Caminha 48 hours from now at around. 1700 and will start walking next morning.

Ii

Thanks- I am from the UK, but in Mason, Ohio at moment flying home tonight for 24 hours and then going straight to Portugal - it’s all a bit last minute for various reasons but get to Caminha 48 hours from now at around. 1700 and will start walking next morning.
Okay. Caminha has a tourist information office in the old town hall right on the main square. I'd stop there first and explain my situation. They might have some suggestions.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Okay. Caminha has a tourist information office in the old town hall right on the main square. I'd stop there first and explain my situation. They might have some suggestions.
Just to follow up here, there is a newsagent on the square that sells them. You need to spell out exactly what you mean.

Newsagent is called

TABACARIA PAPELARIA ATENAS

Just to follow up here, there is a newsagent on the square that sells them. You need to spell out exactly what you mean.

Newsagent is called

TABACARIA PAPELARIA ATENAS
A newsagent! Who would have thunk it? You're one lucky dude, TravelingMan22!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
A newsagent! Who would have thunk it? You're one lucky dude, TravelingMan22!
Ha ha. I guess you’re right. It wasn’t WH Smith or Hudson News, just a small place on the square. It was tough going! I mimicked a credential and they brought a book out, I mimicked a stamp and they bought a postage stamp out and finally they pointed out a credential right in front of me

Attachments

• IMG_0817.jpeg
    IMG_0817.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0816.jpeg
    IMG_0816.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 4

Most read last week in this forum

Well, I have some health issues and no room at the inn issues. My leg flaring up has really caused a problem. My husband and I are in Vila do Conde looking for a nice place to sleep tomorrow. I...
I’m looking for recommendations for camino memoirs specific to the Portuguese camino. Ideally, the coastal route but I’ll take what I can find. I read a plethora of memoirs from the French route...
Here is my photo video from the Camino Portugues, costal route. We chose almost every opportunity to go Litoral - right out on the coastline. Only the day between Esposende and Viana do Castelo we...
Walking Litoral from Porto beginning 25 Oct. Will places to stay be open? Thanks!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back