This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

From Santiago to Finisterre in November

Annesofieholm

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés 2012
I'm in Santiago now and I want to walk to Finisterre from tomorrow (november 9th) and three days forward, but I heard that a lot of the albergues, bars and restaurants are closing down now because of the winter. Is it still possible to walk the rest of the way or should I just take a bus?

Anne-Sofie
(Denmark)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I walked this way first week of November in 2010 and 2011 both times in the rain Negreira had 2 places open the municiple 1km up the hill outside the town-buy food in town first, also has nice credencials includes phone numbers and distance routes(10 euro private albergue 5 euro municiple) Olveirea open 7 euros -I broke the journey to fisterra by staying in Cee-private Albergue 12 euros on route-good pilgrim menu in ajoining hotel 9/10 euros also good breakfast.

Ian

The Galician Tourist Office in Rua Do Vilar (same street as the Pilgrim Office) should be able to provide you with up-to-date information for the Finisterre route. From memory, I don't believe they open until 10am so,if you are planning on leaving early tomorrow, you may need to check with them tonight (and assuming they haven't already closed for the evening )

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum