Search 69,459 Camino Questions

From Cadiz to Santiago

ANTON50

Jun 12, 2017
Time of past OR future Camino
CADIZ A SANTIAGO
Hello everyone, I am Spanish and I want to do the Camino de Santiago again, from Cadiz, and if there is still time to get to Finisterre, it would be about 900km, the date is adaptable, the itinerary I have planned. I want to know if there is anyone interested in doing it ?, serious mountain bike.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ljubljana, Slovenia
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
I remember I saw some footage on YouTube cycling Via Augusta & VdlP a year or two ago but didn't save the link. As I recall a few forum members posts about Via Augusta the cycling along is completely possible if that helps. There is separate thread on Via Augusta you might want to take a peek.

Anyway Buen Camino!

Jan 17, 2019
Ridderkerk, Netherlands
April 25 2019 Frances
June April Inv 1922Lebaniego
Hello everyone, I am Spanish and I want to do the Camino de Santiago again, from Cadiz, and if there is still time to get to Finisterre, it would be about 900km, the date is adaptable, the itinerary I have planned. I want to know if there is anyone interested in doing it ?, serious mountain bike.
I start feb 17 from Cadiz. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

lovingkindness

Veteran Member
Sep 20, 2009
I am looking to walk this in September 2024.
Buen camino @WalkingInGers !Will you be walking all the way to Santiago de Compostela?

I walked from Cadiz to SdC in autumn/winter 2009 . It took me 59 days or so. I started 18 October and it was still very hot at that time (30 degrees). There were incessant winds after Merida and a couple of days before Salamanca the temperature plumeted. I started wearing winter gear in Salamanca having posted a box of gear ahead to the post office there. It was snowing by the time I reached Santiago DC.

All the best!

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2022
Gers, France
05/24 CF, planning Estrecho, Augusta VDLP 09/24
Buen camino @WalkingInGers !Will you be walking all the way to Santiago de Compostela?

I walked from Cadiz to SdC in autumn/winter 2009 . It took me 59 days or so. I started 18 October and it was still very hot at that time (30 degrees). There were incessant winds after Merida and a couple of days before Salamanca the temperature plumeted. I started wearing winter gear in Salamanca having posted a box of gear ahead to the post office there. It was snowing by the time I reached Santiago DC.

All the best!
Thank you for your input. The idea is to return to arrive in Santiago. The September date may be impeded by Family affairs…if that happens then I willl endeavor to leave mid March 2025.

Reactions: lovingkindness
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Nov 14, 2022
Gers, France
05/24 CF, planning Estrecho, Augusta VDLP 09/24
Lovely cycle!! We did it in april 2016 and had 35degrees heat before Seville and snow in Galicia - cest la vie!
I would like to be able to manage that...leaving CADIZ with not too much heat and arriving north of MERIDA with not so cold. Did someone say that they don't plan a camino with weather in mind? ;)

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.