Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Fires in Spain

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Apologies if this isn't the right thread, but I searched the forum and only saw threads about Portugal. I was googling for info about the fires, and Google Maps showed one in Spain. No idea how big it is. Seems to be between Astorga and Ponferrada.

Looks like it’s well north of the CF.

Attachments

• IMG_3070.jpeg
    IMG_3070.jpeg
    267.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3071.jpeg
    IMG_3071.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 28
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Apologies if this isn't the right thread, but I searched the forum and only saw threads about Portugal. I was googling for info about the fires, and Google Maps showed one in Spain. No idea how big it is. Seems to be between Astorga and Ponferrada.

Open Google Maps (the App) and select the option WILDFIRES. then you will see it.

(Don’t scroll down to Bra.z.i.l, you’ll be shocked😔). It’s everywhere.

There’s also some infos at the Guardia Civil at Instagram.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Most of the fires this year seem to have been either nowhere near any Camino route or near some very tertiary routes trod by a dozen or fewer pilgrims in any given year.

We are in Quintanilla del Valle and working our way to Porqueros and then Branuelas so watching the situation. Maria here is also checking with forest management contacts she has. We have read that the perimeter of the 17 acres fire is now under control.

Join Camino Cleanup: Logroño to Burgos May 2025 and Astorga to O'Cebreiro in June.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
What an excellent resource from Copernicus--thank you!

This brings up a question I have meant to ask, as I approach my departure date of October 28th 2024 from O Cebreiro: What have the precipitation and temperature trends been like this late summer and fall for the final 150 km? For example, has it been cooler and wetter than usual, or unusually dry? The Fire Danger Forecast for several of the factors on this Copernicus map implies areas of dryness, especially approaching Santiago itself.

But what have people found in reality this year?

Thanks, Benoit

Most read last week in this forum

I hope this is the final stretch! What a day! I’m bone tired and had trouble staying awake writing this, so I hope I’m writing clearly… La Faba to Triacastela, 17.1 miles,27.5 Km. Last night...
Apologies if this isn't the right thread, but I searched the forum and only saw threads about Portugal. I was googling for info about the fires, and Google Maps showed one in Spain. No idea how...
Anyone struggling to find a place in Los arcos 6 km beyond is albergue sansol oasis.I can highly recommend excellent host and food
Hi, We walked the Camino de Santiago for the first time in May & June this year, and absolutely loved it. We plan on walking the first week again in October (with a view to going back later next...
I heard it mentioned that rather than walking through the industrial section of Leon it was possible to take a bus out of the city....but where to?
Good Afternoon! Leaving in a couple weeks to walk our second leg of the Camino Frances. Starting in Burgos where we left off 2 years ago. Made reservations at Casa De Abuelo in Hornillos de...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back